Senior MindSphere Technical Solution Manager
Business Unit: Product Lifecycle Management-PLM
Requisition Number: 223988
Primary Location: United States-Michigan-Livonia
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Digital Factory Division offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly integrated hardware, software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide in enhancing the flexibility and efficiency of their manufacturing processes and reducing the time to market of their products.
For more information, please visit:
Siemens offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly integrated software products to support full life-cycle digital design and manufacturing. This position contributes to the development of MindSphere, a cloud based IOT platform and application suite. You will be part of a highly innovative fast-paced development team, incorporating and inventing emerging software technologies to deliver commercial IOT solutions to the market. Such solutions will play pivotal role in Industry 4.0 based economy. They will prove out new business models for products and services to marquee customers in focus Industries for Automotive, Machinery, Consumer Products, Industrial Automation, Energy, and Building Technologies. Successful delivery of such solutions will leverage your existing deep technical background and require you to quickly learn and become adept at cloud, big data, communications, analytics and other related new IOT technologies. As a high-performing senior member of the team, your role will span areas of market needs identification, technical solution definition and feature implementation. You are expected to bring your expertise and knowledge in corresponding industry and apply it in this job.
• Captures and translates business functions and requirements to technical requirements, use cases
• Engage with internal and external prospect customers to gather high level customer business and technical requirements
• Prepare technical elements of roadmap, presentation and detailed functional specification for internal and external stakeholders
•Craft compelling use cases that drive business value, and translate use cases into requirements and specifications
•Perform high level assessments for project scope and level of effort
• Coordinate with the software product development team to make sure that the required features are implemented successfully
•Work with architecture so understand feasibility, key risks and assist in mitigating them through tactical plans and actions
•Analyze technological problems and resolve issues for targeted users in specified industry
•Cogently communicates software problems to product development. Assists other engineers in the design, development, and implementation of large scale, complex graphical application programs on multiple software products and hardware platforms
• This is an individual contributor role with progressive career path towards increasing responsibilities in area of product management, program management or strategy
• Travel: 10-25%
• Work closely with globally distributed Mindsphere team to effectively design, build & deliver solutions according to the needs of the specified industry.
• Work closely with software product development team to make sure that all the required features are implemented successfully.
• Bachelor’s Degree – Computer Science, Engineering, or other related areas
• 8+ years of working experience in an engineering role (not software development) focused on product development or manufacturing or service domains
•3+ years of hands-on experience and deep expertise in industrial automation – discrete, hybrid or process industry. Understanding of ISA 95 standard.
•Understanding of typical calculations to measure performance – e.g. OEE
•Must have significant experience in at least one Industry like Automotive, Machinery or Energy etc.
• Must have hands-on use experience on large enterprise software applications e.g. MES, MRP, ERP etc
• Must be adept at learning new technologies and while delivering in fast paced environment
• Strong people interaction and communication skills across all levels of management, globally diverse team members with varying cultural background. Ability to produce high quality written documentation in form of specifications and presentations.
• Sound knowledge of mechatronics concepts from engineering or troubleshooting point of view
• Working at global Fortune 50 manufacturing environment.