Senior Advisor - Distributed Energy & Industrial
Business Unit: Financial Advisory and Structuring
Requisition Number: 224042
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Iselin
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 30%
Responsible to provide Financial Advisory support to the Siemens Divisions in the structuring and arranging of financing for distributed energy and industrial projects. Orchestrate financial institutions and other parties (e.g. institutional investors, ECAs, …) to create market edge sales financing solutions as well as to advise on financial risk analysis and risk allocation / mitigation on Siemens supply contracts.
- Management of the financing for distributed energy and industrial projects, including
- Project screening, financial risk analysis and advisory on financial viability of projects
- Development of tailor-made financial solutions for customers of the Divisions
- Development of risk mitigation strategies
- Liaison/negotiation with all project parties, including project proponents, banks and institutional investors through financial close
- Proactively structure/manage the financing of Siemens Division transactions with strong focus on distributed energy and industrial projects, both within, and originating out of, North America.
- Orchestrate the Siemens Divisions, SFS, commercial banks and other institutions to create competitive, market edge sales financing solutions.
- Support the Siemens Divisions as an independent advisor, throughout the project cycle - from initial marketing & sales activities through implementation – by structuring, arranging and executing financing solutions.
- Advise the Siemens Divisions on payment risk mitigation as well as the structuring of performance security instruments (e.g. stand-by letters of credit and surety bonds)
- College degree and similar work experience, MBA or similar advanced degree preferred
- 10+ years working experience in related fields.
- Strong communications skills and ability to interface with customers in a sales related environment
- Deeper knowledge in project finance, managed equipment service and performance contracting
- Deeper knowledge in distributed energy and industrial projects
- Experience in the long-term institutional investor market is a plus
- Foreign languages a plus.