General Motion Control Drive Service Sales Specialist-GA-OH
Business Unit: Customer Services DF & PD
Requisition Number: 224078
Primary Location: United States-Georgia-Alpharetta
Other Locations: United States-Ohio-Lebanon
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 40%
Siemens Digital Factory offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly-integrated hardware software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide. Siemens PLM Software, a Plano, Texas-based business unit of the Digital Factory Division, is a leading global provider of product lifecycle management (PLM) and manufacturing operations management (MOM) software, systems and services with over nine million licensed seats and more than 77,000 customers worldwide.
DF CS MC GMC Sales Specialist
In this role, the candidate will have responsibility for delivering profitable top-line growth performance for the General Motion Control (GMC) sub-segment of CS MC in the US. Work closely with the MC Technology sub-segment and sales channels to ensure close cooperation. Monitor and direct sales activities to ensure that account planning is developed and executed. Understand, mine and utilize CS MC installed base records to identify service sales opportunities. Use installed base data to identify and target potential retrofit customers. Build relationships based on trust with end customers; partner with them to identify lifecycle support gaps/opportunities and ultimately sell after-market services. Work with regional and global entities to ensure that the entire service portfolio for CS MC GMC is represented in the marketplace and drive aftermarket sales retrofits, repairs, field services, service contracts and spare parts. This position will report to the Motion Control Customer Services Segment Manager and may be located in Alpharetta, Georgia or Lebanon, Ohio.
- Help develop, productize and roll out GMC Service product portfolio to sales
- Work closely with the sales organization to identify target accounts by region and segment to ensure proper coverage and adhere to targets
- Mine installed base, run-rate business reports and hotline contact records to identify customers for developing GMC service business
- Drive CS GMC Sales initiatives to grow retrofit, productized services and spare part packages.
- Supports the respective sales organization of the unit in approaching and serving potential customers best and advices both sales organization and customers in capabilities and options how to use and integrate Siemens' offerings effectively
- Provide accurate forecasts, monitor and report sales activities and performance to ensure targets are met or exceeded
- Define, convey, and execute go-to-market (G2M) strategy for CS MC GMC sub-segment
- Second tier sales support for Service Sales Specialists
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- BS/BA in technical discipline, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5 years experience with automation, motor and drive products
- 5 years customer-facing or sales experience
- Understanding sales organizations, their complexities, and how to motivate and leverage internal and external sales personnel will be of the utmost importance for success in this position
- Required amount of travel with the position is expected to be 40%
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- BS/BA in engineering or business discipline. Certification may be required in some areas.
- 3-5 years sales or service experience in Siemens motion control equipment
- Training/certification in target account selling, negotiation and account planning
- Monthly Sales Forecasting
Siemens US Talent Acquisition