Field Service Technician
Business Unit: Diagnostic Imaging
Requisition Number: 224104
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-North Wales
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthcare and Financial Services.
The Siemens Healthcare Division develops innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence they need to meet the clinical, operational and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape. As a global leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics, and healthcare information technology, we have a keen understanding of the entire patient care continuum-from prevention and early detection to diagnosis and treatment.
For more information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthcare
We are seeking a Field Service Technician to support our cross-disciplinary radiopharmaceutical research and production facility. In this role you will be responsible for service and maintenance to cyclotron, radiochemistry synthesizers, analytical equipment and manipulator arms.
***This role will primarily be afternoon/night (4pm-12midnight)shift but will require flexibility to work alternative shifts as needed.***
*Able to work independently to accomplish assigned tasks and responsibilities.
Provides service and maintenance for multiple cyclotron and associated chemistry modules as assigned
* Monitors and positively affects financial and operational performance
* Works in compliance with all regulatory standards including EH&S, cGMP, Radiation Safety, applicable pharmacy laws, DOT, and internal policies and interpretations of the above as required
* Incorporates new technology, products and processes into daily operations
* Participates in personnel training and staff development
* Works cross-functionally with production team to successfully implement strategic initiatives
* Responds to calls for service support within a reasonable amount of time
* Completes and submits work history tickets in a timely fashion and includes all relevant details
* Completes and submits all time cards and expense reports in a timely fashion and includes all relevant details
* Schedules work and manages spare parts usage to minimize costs and maximize effectiveness
* Monitors and improves Up Time for site cyclotron system(s)
* Participates in the assessment of semi-complex product and equipment performance and recommends modifications and improvements
* Participates in routine biomarker production function as needed
* Other tasks as assigned by supervisor
* 2-5 years of experience in servicing capital equipment
* Electrical and Mechanical Troubleshooting skills
* Working knowledge of the PET radioisotope production workflow
* 2+ years of experience with customer relationship management
* Associates degree in engineering discipline or equivalent experience