Business Unit: Large Drives
Requisition Number: 224140
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-New Kensington
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Other
Travel Required: No
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Process Industries and Drives Division helps manufacturers measurably increase productivity and improve time-to-market with our innovative, integrated technology and services. We support our customers in continuously improving the reliability, safety, and efficiency of products, processes and plants.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/process-industries-and-drives.htm
- Supervising a small team of hourly associates
- Monitoring work hours, manpower, work assignments including test dates and expediting material.
- Releasing, rescheduling and closing of process work orders including traceability.
- Providing leadership and motivation to hourly team members to generate ideas and implement solutions.
- Providing regular performance feedback to hourly team members.
- Executing promotional recommendations as well as disciplinary actions as required.
- Provides resource needs and suggests justification to their manager.
- Troubleshoots and resolves semi-complex problems
- Collaborating with the Production, Project Management, and Logistics departments as necessary to ensure safe, effective operations.
- Communicating with team and other functions to solve problems in a standardized way.
- Continual monitoring and auditing of standardized work processes and documenting deviations for issue resolution or escalation.
- Providing leadership and technical support to team members.
- Ensuring all procedures and processes are followed when packaging and delivering products.
- Identifying and eliminating waste using Siemens Production System methods.
- Leading daily Gemba Meetings to communicate status, problems, escalations, and recovery plans.
- Ensuring safe work area.
- May be required to perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned.
- Minimum of (5) five years leading a shipping or logistics department or equivalent supervisory experience
Demonstrates understanding and application of supervisory approaches for work direction, motivation, performance management, and disciplinary action.
- Ability to lead in a team environment
- Experience leading small teams and/or projects
- Experience with SPS/Lean Manufacturing techniques
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Ability to work overtime and flexible hours
- Computer skills required including Microsoft Office and ability to learn SAP
- Bachelorette Degree in Operations Management Logistics and Transportation or equivalent preferred
- Supervisory or leadership experience preferred
- Lean Manufacturing or Six Sigma Project experience
- SAP experience