Senior Systems Engineer – Process Automation
Business Unit: Process Automation
Requisition Number: 224149
Primary Location: United States-Georgia-Alpharetta
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Process Industries and Drives Division helps manufacturers measurably increase productivity and improve time-to-market with our innovative, integrated technology and services. We support our customers in continuously improving the reliability, safety, and efficiency of products, processes and plants.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/process-industries-and-drives.htm
If you really want to make a difference – make it with us
The Process Industries and Drives Division is a reputed global provider of future-proof automation and drive technology, industry software and services based on innovative technology platforms. With our standard components, complemented by industry-specific solutions, we optimally fulfill the specific requirements of customers from various industries. As a Trusted Partner across the entire lifecycle of industrial plants – from design, engineering to modernization – Siemens PD paves the ways towards digitalization in the process industries, enabling long-term growth.
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
- Designing and Engineering of new Automation & Distributed Control Systems technologies down to detail to satisfy the specified requirements of the customer
- Build, develop and evaluate prototypes of the automation & control systems based on concrete characteristics and requirements
- Design and Develop Control Systems libraries and applications in Java/C++.
- Lead and Participation in working group discussions with external partners on disruptive technologies for Automation & Control related to Advanced Manufacturing
Your qualifications – solid and appropriate
- Bachelor Required, Masters preferred in Automation & Control Engineering, or related study
- 5+ years of related professional experience.
- Extensive experience in Automation & Distributed Control Systems architectures and technologies
- Extensive experience with different industrial standards such as OPC-UA, DDS, AutomationML, PLCOpen, ISA95, IEC 61131, FDI, MTP.
- Experience in standardization working groups, e.g. IEC, IEEE, ISA, The Open Group, OPC-UA, FMI, etc.
- You are familiar with trends and new directions in Software Architecture, including cloud and edge computing paradigms.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Java/C++ programming.
- Hands-on experience on Linux operating system and virtualization technologies.
- You have excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills in English.
- You have experience working with international and multi-cultural teams.
- You are a multitasker and make lead contributions in several projects.
- You are motivated to learn and to use new technologies.
- You are able to work under uncertainty.
- You are willing to travel (domestic and international) as well as working on site with the development team.
- You think innovatively and have logical problem-solving skills.
- You are a communicative team player and always open to new ideas.