Quality / Manufacturing Engineer
Business Unit: Large Drives
Requisition Number: 224181
Primary Location: United States-Ohio-Norwood
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Process Industries and Drives Division helps manufacturers measurably increase productivity and improve time-to-market with our innovative, integrated technology and services. We support our customers in continuously improving the reliability, safety, and efficiency of products, processes and plants.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/process-industries-and-drives.htm
The Quality Engineer will support Siemens Norwood by effectively and proactively ensuring the highest possible quality levels for our products. This involves developing, implementing and supporting safe, efficient, and capable processes through data driven decision making, effective problem solving, and innovation.
The position reports to the Plant Quality Manager.
· Ensure that the Customer's Quality requirements are fulfilled according to specifications on daily basis.
· Support Product Engineering and Manufacturing in the resolution of Quality issues.
· Coordinate and communicate technical information to and from all levels of the organization including vendors, project managers, production team members, and operations managers.
· Lead cross functional problem solving teams with focused root cause analysis and sustainable corrective action.
· Enforce preventive quality methods aimed at risk minimization.
· Implement specific projects that drive continuous improvements in strategic areas of the organization. These projects would encompass manufacturing improvements, capital equipment justification and/or implementation, production quality improvements and/or customer focused projects.
· Continuously develop and improve the adequacy of existing procedures and processes.
· Ensure implementation of business unit quality strategy with the factory.
· Serve as local process expert for coil and winding methods and equipment. (ex. Coil forming, insulation taping, winding, VPI)
· Coordinate development and implementation of manufacturing tooling, fixturing, etc.
· Execute process qualifications and approvals based on specific requirements/specification.
· Maintain and analyze Key Performance Indicators and Cost of Poor Quality data to identify recurring trends and drive improvement actions to reduce internal and external failure costs.
· Plan and execute Internal Audits including follow-up of audit measures.
· Ensure Quality Documentation/Records are maintained consistent with external and internal regulations.
· Perform various ad hoc quality or manufacturing engineering tasks in coordination with site, quality and operations.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· 5 + years of experience with Quality Engineering or Manufacturing Engineering
· BS in Engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience
· Effective communication, facilitation and collaboration skills.
· Ability to work with manufacturing team to reach long-term corrective action on quality issues, and assist in the development of new processes.
· Proven ability to work with multiple departments, such as Purchasing, Engineering, and Manufacturing.
· Ability to resolve very complex problems independently and lead teams to implement solutions.
· Change management experience.
· Knowledge of process improvement tools and methodologies such as Six Sigma and Lean.
· Demonstrated expertise in risk- based assessments and quality audits.
· Technical background and ability to understand electrical equipment functionality and components
· Ability to measure, design/specify and install production fixtures and equipment
· Ability to design, maintain and improve specific Quality requirements
· Broad knowledge of quality systems and approaches (i.e. ISO 9001:2015)
· Competency in Microsoft Office Suite
· Must be willing to travel both domestic and international 10%
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· A working knowledge of Induction motors, specifically coil/stator product knowledge
· ISO 9001 Auditor Certification
· TeamCenter and SAP Competency
· Knowledge of digitalization concepts to implement tools such as Digital Work Instructions, Operator Displays, Performance/Status Dashboards, and other connected worker support tools
· Competency in AutoCAD or similar
· Project management skills, including developing project plans, timelines / schedules, budgets, proposed layouts, resource requirements, calculating ROI, etc.