Fire Operations Project Lead - Commercial Fire/Life Safety Systems - Baltimore, MD
Business Unit: Region Americas
Requisition Number: 224224
Primary Location: United States-Maryland-Baltimore
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the world market leader for safe, energy efficient and environmentally friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, consultant, service provider, system integrator and product supplier, Building Technologies offers fire protection, security, building automation, heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) and energy management products and services.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/building-technologies.htm
Reporting to the Operations Manager, this position manages multiple, small Fire projects from
• Leads the project document/submittal creation, installation, start-up, commissioning and turnover of assigned fire projects.
• Ensures customer satisfaction during and at final project completion; coordinates internal and/or external installation resources to meet project schedules.
• Analyzes as-sold scope of work against project documents and plans. Escalates deviations between scope and contract specifications, and/or codes, to Branch Sales.
High School diploma required.
• Responsible for estimating/proposing change orders.
• Manages the effective execution by the Project Team. Monitors progress to assure compliance with customer and AHJ requirements.
• Identifies percentage of completion for the preparation of progress billings. Participates in the pursuit of timely payments from the customer, and authorizes payments to material suppliers and subcontractors.
• Identifies final project completion to Project Coordination for initiating the project Technically Complete work flow. Participates as needed to ensure a timely completion of the close out process.
NICET II in Fire Alarm Technologies or higher required. Minimum two years experience in project management required. Strong knowledge of industry fundamentals and business operations. Strong leadership, listening, verbal and written communication skills.