Service Contract & Parts Development Support Analyst-GA
Business Unit: Customer Services DF & PD
Requisition Number: 224246
Primary Location: United States-Georgia-Alpharetta
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Associate's Degree / College Diploma
Travel Required: 15%
Siemens Digital Factory offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly-integrated hardware software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide. Siemens PLM Software, a Plano, Texas-based business unit of the Digital Factory Division, is a leading global provider of product lifecycle management (PLM) and manufacturing operations management (MOM) software, systems and services with over nine million licensed seats and more than 77,000 customers worldwide.
For more information, please visit:
Service Contract & Parts Development Support Analyst
Service Agreement and Spare Parts portfolio growth are critical to Industry Services’ success. Industry Services is looking for candidates that are enthusiastic about turning data driven analytics into sales lead development and customer improve the customer experience.
The Service Support Analyst will support the Service business from an operational and strategic perspective deploying detailed service offerings focused on service agreement and spare parts program growth. The position will focus on the following primary goals:
- Conduct analysis of data using various methods and tools to extract information as the basis for decision making, determining why we win / why we are losing, and identify targeted execution strategies. As well as analysis of customer spare parts buying patterns for seasonality, life cycle product maturity, and bulk product orders; assess high/low volume inventory activity to determine opportunities to promote spare parts growth.
- Partner with inside sales, business developers and sales to incorporate the Voice of the Customer (VOC) and usage patterns to understand customer buying patterns for service contract renewals and spare parts.
- Development and implementation of the service contract value proposition through defined standard reporting package(s) providing customer (and sales) transparency to the services contracted.
- Implement strategies to expand services at the time of renewal – i.e. base services plus 2 other services
- Develop initiative tracking and metric reporting supporting program activity inclusive of opportunity and lead generation reports
- Develop and design action plans for qualified service agreement and spare parts contract programs based on product lifecycle and product obsolescence.
- Work closely with data scientist, inside sales and business developers to understand the targeted customer profiles.
- Proactively provide service agreement analysis and trending reporting to the business developers
- Qualify promising leads and route to appropriate business developers or inside sales
- Proactively reach out to business developers and possibly to customers to understand their buying trends for contracts and spares. Develop business tools to support business requirements.
- May develop a forward-looking marketing strategy and services marketing plan in cooperation with accountable sales, product development and other involved stakeholder(s).
- May work with lead development and qualification tools, including the use of tools like Lead Central, Send a Lead.
- Analysis of inbound customer support activity and customer install base to extract opportunities for expanded service agreement sales.
- Maintain accurate record of activities, including entering potential leads into lead central.
- Develop, implement metric reporting to track progress to targets
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Ability to effectively influence, collaborate and communicate across functional teams
- Lifecycle maintenance and or service delivery execution solution design experience within Industry and or Industry Services
- Work experience: 4+ years of experience analyzing, identifying, and taking action on customer buying trends to drive revenue growth within Industry
- Ability to travel up to 15% of the time
- Education: Associates Degree / College Diploma
- Technical proficiency: Advanced Excel capabilities – ability to analyze/manipulate the data extracted to derive an expected outcome. Proficient use of the office suite: Microsoft Word and Power Point.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Previous experience with service agreement design and service value definition development
- Technical proficiency: WebFOCUS, SAP, Siemens GSP
- Industry experience with automation and machine tool product technology, discrete and process industry, core customers, and familiarity with Siemens go to market approach is preferred.
- Work experience: strong analytical background, analyzing sales data to develop sales leads through install base and other tools. Inside sales experience and proposal development support.