Fire Alarm Specialist - Milwaukee, WI
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 224248
Primary Location: United States-Wisconsin-Milwaukee
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Technical Diploma
Travel Required: 10%
For more information, please visit:
Fire Alarm Systems Specialist
Provides technical service to customer Fire/Life Safety systems including technical support during the installation commissioning and servicing of new or expanded systems.
As a Fire Systems Technician reporting to the project/service manager, you will perform semi-complex fire alarm equipment control panel installation and programming including installing fire alarm control and distribution apparatus such as power supplies, batteries, switches, relays and panels. Performs system commissioning on systems including loading software programs and implementing modifications as necessary. Conducts testing and inspects systems under maintenance agreements.
Responds and carries out to completion any troubleshooting and repairs to assigned customer systems. Ensures company-owned test equipment and installation equipment is in proper working order. Returns equipment in need of repair or calibration to the office in a timely manner.
Identifies code issues and non-conformance issues. Makes recommendations regarding both systems installations and service contract facilities.
Reports and posts daily on activities completed, deferred, requiring further action or material.
Participates in On-Call assignments/ schedules as required.
Siemens provides training to help you learn and familiarize yourself with the company and the Siemens (and other) product lines. These tasks also include working with project manager and engineering group to create and/or verify point database; participates in the creation of job specific programming via computer for various systems (controls, electronic security systems (ESS), fire systems, mass notification); and in the creation and upload of point database, creates semi-complex graphics in the Central Processing Unit (CPU).
The Specialist will also conduct operational testing, verification, and acceptance of installed fire alarm systems. Runs semi-complex reports to analyze system operation, works with customer to demonstrate system operation and verify consistency with the contracted scope of work that may include local agencies/authorities; participates in final inspection and testing; assures customer acceptance; trains customers on system operations. Completes and submits routine written reports; including plans & control system documents to engineering for as-built drawings.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience
· Technical degree in Electronics or related field and experience in the installation and maintenance of Commercial Fire/Life Safety Systems.
· Strong customer service skills.
· Good verbal and written communications skills.
· Skilled in the PC applications and in the use of word processing and spreadsheet programs.
· Ability to lift seventy-five (75) pounds unassisted.
· Individual must possess a valid Driver’s license in good standing.
· Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.
· Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States.
· Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience
· 2 to 3 years in the installation and maintenance of Fire Safety products
· NICET Level 1 Certification, Level 2 Certification within 24 months of hiring.
· Associates Degree in Electronics or related field.
· Competitive compensation.
· Excellent health, vision, and dental plans with many options from which to choose.
· All employees receive Life Insurance, Short, and Long Term Disability coverage.
· 401k match.
· Education reimbursement programs available.
· Extensive product training and professional career development.