CAD Software Engineer
Business Unit: Product Lifecycle Management-PLM
Requisition Number: 224343
Primary Location: United States--
Assignment Category: Full-time temporary
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthcare and Financial Services.
The Siemens Digital Factory Division offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly integrated hardware, software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide in enhancing the flexibility and efficiency of their manufacturing processes and reducing the time to market of their products.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/digital-factory.htm
This position is for a Software Engineer based in our Siemens Industry Software office in Cypress, CA. This position involves working on the NX CAD product in the Part Modeling team.
The position involves enhancement, reorganization, and optimization of the feature architecture modules to support various clients who build their applications on top of them, with focus on surpassing customer expectations and achieving high quality and on-time delivery. The employee will create, document and execute software designs for focused product areas. Some customer interaction may be required. The position involves working in a local team of highly qualified software engineers as well as collaborating with other teams around the globe within Siemens Industry Software. The working environment is flexible and highly collaborative, and problems and potential solutions are actively discussed with other team members.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Design and implement cloud based software service as part of teams for the state-of-the-art commercial, mechanical CAD system: NX products.
• Responsible for requirements definition, analysis, design, coding/documentation and quality assurance.
• Develop software compatible with company standards.
• Utilize object-oriented/structured programming techniques and other software engineering practices to ensure that the product is of high quality and the architecture is maintainable and expandable.
• Maintain existing software code - analyze and resolve customer and internally reported problems.
• Work with customers, internal as well as external, to understand and improve existing code for the responsible area(s).
• Communicate and collaborate within the team and outside the team and with external customers.
• Ensure on-going quality of the product delivered to customers.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, Mathematics or closely related fields with 2-5 years of software related work.
• Familiar with C++/C.
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and written.
• Conversant with modern software engineering methodologies.
• Good problem-solving and decision making skills.
• Ability to work in a team environment.
• Self-motivated, detail orientated, and willing to take on responsibility.
• Ability to produce quality work under pressure and goal oriented.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering
• Knowledge or experience of geometric modeling
• Knowledge of CAD APIs like Parasolid is a significant plus
• Familiarity with one or more mechanical CAD systems
• Knowledge of cloud based application