Field Systems Specialist II - Building Automation OR HVAC/DDC Controls - Beltsville, MD
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 224405
Primary Location: United States-Maryland-Beltsville
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Associate's Degree / College Diploma
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the world market leader for safe, energy efficient and environmentally friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, consultant, service provider, system integrator and product supplier, Building Technologies offers fire protection, security, building automation, heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) and energy management products and services.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/building-technologies.htm
- Performs complex equipment installation, trial runs, investigative tests, repairs and overhauls. Performs complex product and service training to customers.
- Performs complex maintenance on tools, test equipment, etc., and completes documents of all installations, inspections, maintenance and repair work, and failures.
- Performs complex service or systems calls and interfaces with customer personnel to provide quality service and feedback on problem evaluation and resolution.
- Performs assessment of complex product/equipment performance based on field support data and recommends modifications or improvements.
- Coordinates, manages, implements and/or performs technical product support for equipment that has been newly installed.
- Performs complex System Preparation & Design Coordination: works with engineering group to create and/or verify point database; creates/reviews job specific programming via computer for various systems (controls, electronic security systems (ESS), fire systems, mass notification); creates /reviews and uploads point database, creates graphics in the Central Processing Unit (CPU).
- Network Technologies: verifies point database and programming operations are consistent with scope of work for the intended integration and sequence; backs up data from data servers and/or creates automated backup procedure; troubleshoots and resolves inconsistencies in the functions or sequence of operations; contacts Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) for technical support as/when needed; drives issues to resolution.
- Sets up and configures PC workstations, user interfaces; data servers, IP Networking devices, protocols, routers, switches, mass storage devices and hubs. Confirm proper network performance.
Project Site Communication and Coordination: Schedules with trade contractors to coordinate startup services as needed; coordinates network drops, IP addresses and monitoring tools with customer's IT Department personnel; works with equipment vendors to coordinate communication protocols, encryption, and database requirements for integration to their systems.
- Operational Testing, Verification and Acceptance: Runs reports to analyze system operation, works with customer to demonstrate system operation and verify consistency with the contracted scope of work (IE Commissioning Agents or test and balance contractors, others); participates in final inspection and testing; assures customer acceptance; trains customers on system operations.
- Completes and submits written reports; provides Plans & Control System Documents to engineering for as-built drawings.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience
- HS diploma or equivalent required.
- Specialized skill training/certification may be required.
- Successfully demonstrates thorough/ advanced knowledge of a technical or specialty area.
- Generally, 5-8 years of successful experience in area of responsibility and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above.
- Previous Building Automation or DDC Controls experience.
- Individual must possess a valid Driver’s license in good standing
- Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience
Associates degree or 1-2 years of vocational technical training preferred