Metallurgical Technician Support
Business Unit: Power and Gas
Requisition Number: 224406
Primary Location: United States-North Carolina-Rural Hall
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: No
The primary purpose of this position is to perform a variety of duties in the Quality Department with minimal supervision. Processes related to metallurgical lab practices such as (but not limited to) preparing test sample validations, test coupons for special processes, etc. according to quality and customer requirements.
Skill Level II
· Must be able to follow written instructions/procedures to perform required analysis operations.
· Must be familiar with metallurgical processes to “Industry Standards and Practices.”
· Must be capable of performing required tests of “Special Process” including but not limited to stress rupture test, tensile test, bent test, etc. in a timely manner.
· Must be capable of preparing test samples for microscopic evaluation. These samples include but are not limited to: EDM, laser, FIC, coating, etc.
Education/Job Knowledge Requirements:
This position requires the equivalent of a high school education or GED. Also requires an Associates Degree or 1-2 years of Vocational technical training. Requires the ability to read, write, complete simple forms, and understand simple written instructions. Requires the ability to perform math skills such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division; also requires the simple use of formulas, charts, tables, drawings, specifications, schedules, or diagram.
This is an entry level position.
Job Requirements - 6 Weeks Minimum:
Must be able to cut and mount samples, polish mounts, test micro-hardness and macro-hardness samples and prepare tensile bond bars.
· Must have successfully completed Industrial Reading Test with a score of 70% or better.
· Must have successfully completed Shop Math Test with a score of 70% or better.
· Must have successfully completed Measuring Instruments Test with a score of 70% or better.