Field Service Technician-Deland, FL
Business Unit: Services
Requisition Number: 224412
Primary Location: United States-Florida-Orlando
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Associate's Degree / College Diploma
Travel Required: 75%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
With 45,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare IT. All supported by a comprehensive portfolio of clinical consulting, training, and services available across the globe and tailored to customers’ needs. So that more people can have a life that is longer, richer, and more filled with happiness.
For more information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthineers
*This position is based at customer site in Deland, FL*
The Automation Field Service Technician is a site-based, customer-facing role that installs, services, maintains and modifies automation equipment at customer sites. This highly visible role is a critical component to our holistic approach in solving our customer’s most difficult problems. Specialized training will be provided in order to ensure quality in the work performed.
The Automation Field Service Technician in most cases will report to an onsite manager. The majority of Automation Field Service Technicians will report to the same facility each day. However, there will be times when work is required at other customer locations in support of the region.
The ideal candidate will have some automation tracking experience in a fast-paced and demanding work environment.
Key deliverables will include:
1.) Provide service, preventative maintenance, modifications and installations on Siemens Healthineers Diagnostics automation systems at customer site with minimal supervision.
2.) Troubleshoot system failures and provide on-site customer repairs; responsible for delivering both timely and effective repairs.
3.) Provide adequate training of operators to ensure optimal system performance, resulting in superior customer satisfaction.
4.) Manage company assets including, cell phone, computer, tools, inventory parts, etc.
5.) Establish and foster positive business relationships with customers and peers.
6.) Perform administrative duties including, but not limited to, recording of time worked, training, expense reports, etc.
7.) Provide ongoing feedback to customers and manager in regards to equipment repair status.
8.) Interfacing regularly with the technical support center in order to provide the highest level of customer care.
9.) Perform other service work as needed in support of the broader region and customer base.
- High school diploma required. Associates Degree in Electrical, Mechanical or similar engineering program preferred. Equivalent military training is preferred
- Generally, 8+ years of related experience.
- Previous experience servicing factory automation systems and/ or robotic systems and/or prior experience in diagnostics laboratories and relative instruments strongly preferred.
- Ability to work both individually and in an established team setting.
- Proved track record of strong customer service skills as well as excellent communication skills.
- Ability to interface with customers, peers, internal support center employees in a positive and professional manner.
- Must be able to utilize a computer and computer-based tools for reports, emails, and general communication.
- Willingness and ability to travel domestically and internationally at times for training.
- Willingness and ability to work different shifts, on-call, nights and week-ends in case of need.
- Demonstrated experience in continuous improvement.
- Ability to travel and provide service as needed for assigned area as well as other areas as needed.