Director of Project Development
Business Unit: Government Services
Requisition Number: 224419
Primary Location: United States--
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 30%
Siemens Government Technologies, Inc. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Siemens, uniquely qualified to perform work for the U.S. Government. We are focused on enhancing the safety and security of the nation's assets and infrastructure, as well as assisting to improve operational and energy performance.
As an independent U.S. company with its own Board of Directors, SGT maintains a unique relationship with Siemens. We are able to leverage resources of professionals world-wide with demonstrated domain expertise and proven past performance to manage large-scale, mission critical programs. The future of SGT is bright. By integrating world-class people, process, products and technology, SGT is expanding its role as an important part of our nation's security.
We offer a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, along with the opportunity to grow your career with a well-established company.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemensgovt.com/
Siemens Government Technologies (SGT) is seeking an experienced and knowledgeable individual with a passion for helping to promote energy efficiency, protect the environment and enhance our nation’s energy security. The Director of Project Development is a manager position, who will provide leadership and guidance to Project Developers, leads proposal development, contract negotiation, conduct performance management, and provide coaching toward the employees’ professional development. You will also be responsible for leading a group of Project Developers and manage all activities required to successfully identifying the scope and develop firm fixed pricing for energy efficiency, distributed energy, energy generation, and other design build projects for clients, primarily in the Federal space.
· Lead a group of Project Developers and Project Development Managers to drive the development of Energy Savings Performance Contracts (ESPC) and other energy construction projects such as Power Purchase Agreements (PPA), Utility Energy Savings Contracts (UESC), and Enhanced Use Leases (EUL)
· Work with a team to identify client infrastructure needs and goals to help qualify energy efficiency project opportunities with little initial guidance.
· Manage the development of Preliminary Assessment (PA) and Investment Grade Audit (IGA) budgets based on potential energy efficiency goals, scope, labor hours, and necessary sub-contracts as well as PA and IGA schedule and financial pro-forma in cooperation with the execution and structured finance teams
· Manage project-related strategic alliances and subcontractor relationships during the project development phase
· Interact with the customer on all project development activities and functions
· Provide in-house support to the sales, engineering, construction, contracts and finance groups
· Set assessment (e.g., Preliminary Assessment and Investment Grade Audit) objectives and maintain responsibility for goals and the quality of the audit
· Assess, communicate and uncover opportunities to mitigate project risk and determine potential growth areas with the proposed projects
· Support responses to Notices of Opportunity (NOOs) and other Federal proposals
· Develop basis of design, scopes, estimates and final proposals reports (investment grade audits)
· Develop/enhance processes and tools for project development, implementation and performance period
· Coordinate with Energy Engineers to conduct comprehensive energy and water audits of a wide range of facility types around the globe.
· Review the ECM Write-Ups and other technical proposal sections provided by the Energy Engineers to check for technical feasibility and ease of implementation
· Coordinate the deal structure, proposal document strategy and tactics with the Account Executive considering customer pain points and available resources
· Manage and coordinate the technical solution elements of the Proposal Team including:
managing the proposal team consisting of an Account Executive, Energy Engineer(s), and proposal specialists
· Drive in all stages of the development process through technical presentations of the proposed projects
· Work closely with the finance team to develop financial pro-formas and assist in developing financial deal structure
· US Citizen with no Dual Citizenship or ties to another country.
· MBA or Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, construction/project management or related degree required
· Minimum of ten (10) years of progressive experience in developing, managing and implementing a range of Federal Projects including financed projects and leading a team of engineers, developers or chief engineers
· Experience managing a team to provide performance coaching and guide employees’ professional development
· Strong Energy Industry knowledge in developing energy conservation or integration projects ranging from $2M to $300M or projects of similar size, scope in the Federal or Commercial Market Space
· Experience with US Federal Government contracting and negotiating Federal Contracts
· Experience in the overall integration of design engineering, construction, start-up/turnover and subsequent O&M of technical integration or construction projects
· Experience in working and developing performance contracts including managing performance or availability guarantees.
· Knowledge of and experience with Project cost accounting and estimating
· Excellent leadership and management skills with the ability to lead a team with minimal authority.
· Ability to build a strong rapport with client and understand potential client energy goals, available energy savings for finding, making recommendations in coordination with the client that can be developed and executed
· Excellent communication skills, both oral and written with ability to communicate with all levels of personnel.
· Professional engineering registration and CEM are highly preferred
Candidate must be US Citizen with no Dual Citizenship or connections with any other country. Candidate must have the ability to obtain US Federal Agency security clearance if later required.
*** Candidates with ability to work from remote location within US east coast geographical region to be considered