Portfolio Sales Professional-KS-MO-OK-AR
Business Unit: DF / PD Sales
Requisition Number: 224423
Primary Location: United States-Missouri-Kansas City
Other Locations: United States-Arkansas-Little Rock, United States-Kansas-Lenexa, United States-Oklahoma-Tulsa
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 50%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in eight Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
With power chain management from creation to consumption, and over half a dozen manufacturing hubs here in the U.S., Siemens Energy Management provides technologies for the economic, reliable, and intelligent transmission and distribution of electrical power. From smart grid and energy automation technology, to power supply for industrial plants and high-voltage transmission systems, Siemens is providing intelligent technologies to a diverse clientele.
For more information, please visit:
Siemens US Talent Acquisition
Siemens is looking for a Sales Engineer with a “hunter’s mentality” who will be focused on selling the Energy Management Portfolio of products into a regional territory composed of Oklahoma, Kansas, Missouri and Arkansas. Within this territory, the successful candidate will be targeting industrial customers in the Oil & Gas, Chemical, Pulp & Paper and Power markets. Reporting to the Regional Sales Manager, the successful candidate will have a background in power distribution equipment such as medium and low voltage switchgear and motor control centers, transformers, gas insulated switchgear, energy automation solutions, as well as a solid working knowledge of how to tie these components into one solution to promote a complete Siemens package.
The ideal candidate will be a proven self-starter with a proven history developing new customers and exceeding quota expectations in a short timeframe. A proven track record of developing and executing sales strategies for this specific territory will be critical for this individual’s success.
The candidate will need to effectively sell at several levels within a customers’ organization including engineering, process control, purchasing, and all levels of management (production, operations, maintenance, plant and corporate).
Job Family Responsibilities:
- This is a quota based sales role in which the successful candidate will have a proven record of exceeding territory specific quota objectives.
- Must have a clear understanding and commitment to utilization of account planning tools, including maintaining a gap analysis and regular forecasting.
- Guides the development and execution of strategic account plans to ensure achievement of the assigned business goals.
- Develops / builds / cultivates long-term relationships with key management within the customer organization.
- Focused on developing account strategies that assure continued customer loyalty and maximizing sales.
- Must possess excellent presentation skills for articulating Siemens’ overarching value proposition.
- Must possess a working knowledge of electrical applications that will serve as a basis for guiding customer planning and budgeting.
- Strong analytical skills in order to interpret and forecast changes in customers' buying patterns and product requirements.
- Develops sponsorship with key decision-makers within the customer organization.
- Creation and maintenance of account plans and maintenance of a territory gap-analysis data is a requirement.
- Proactively address potential problems and provide effective solutions in relation to application of concepts, techniques, knowledge, or processes.
- Collaboration with other Siemens sales teams is a must, therefore a proven record of inter-cooperation is required.
- Display a high level of critical thinking to bring successful resolution to high-impact, complex, and/or cross-functional problems.
- Performs full range of standard work for the role with little to no supervision.
- Identifies and resolves more complex problems and applies problem-solving skills to proactively resolve conflict.
- Desire to grow and openness to new ideas in market approach.
- Required maintenance of all customer and activity tracking CRM system to ensure transparency of data across all divisions.
- BS/BA in electrical engineering or related discipline, or advanced degree, where required.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience may be required.
- 2-5 years of industrial electrical solution selling experience is required. Experience with power distribution equipment such as medium and low voltage switchgear, motor control centers, transformers, and energy automation is a plus.
- Demonstrates comprehensive knowledge of organization's business practices and issues faced and contributes to problem resolution of those issues.
- Advanced degree MAY be substituted for experience, where applicable.
- Experience working with client at executive and operations levels is a plus.
- Electrical Engineering Background is a plus.