Marketing Communications Specialist
Business Unit: Communications
Requisition Number: 224471
Primary Location: United States-Georgia-Norcross
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 20%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
Our support functions are split into two organizations, Corporate Core and Corporate Services. These organizations provide essential services to better enable responsible and profitable growth.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/
The Marketing Communications Specialist for Factory Automation (FA) Business Unit will primarily contribute to the creation and execution of an external communication strategy for the Factory Automation Business Unit OEM group.
• Identify and analyze relevant marketing communication trends to effectively communicate messages in a coordinated manner.
• Apply relevant governance standards, policies and procedures to -- and ensure consistency, quality, and transparency of communications.
• Responsible for overall consistency of content and messaging in internal and external communications, e.g. internet, intranet, extranet, brochures, advertising, press activities, presentations, messaging.
• Clearly communicate project objectives, expectations, deadlines, roles and responsibilities to all team members and project stakeholders, keeping all relevant parties informed of progress, challenges and obstacles.
• Manage annual communications strategy and budget planning processes with the Business Unit / Segment management, global and regional Division Communications Partners.
• Utilize designated resources from the Centers of Excellence (CoEs) to achieve defined communications strategy.
• Work with CoE partners, complete demand creation programs, including campaigns, media plans, websites, search, email, public relations, trade shows, and promotions.
• Work with Functional Shared Services, (FSS) to coordinate execute and follow-up analysis of customer events and trade shows.
• Develop and implement measures and programs by selecting and effectively using various media channels, i.e. responsible for establishing which elements in the marketing communications mix best fit marketing objectives.
• Complete reports to measure communications tactic effectiveness, including analytics from CoE partners. Report activities and results to Business Unit management, regional Division Communications Business Partners and global Business Unit Communications Business Partners.
• Evaluate and provide feedback on supplier/vendor relationships.
• Identify new areas for learning; regularly creating and taking advantage of learning opportunities; using newly gained knowledge and skill on the job and learning through their application.
• Contribute to and support U.S. messaging, positioning, and communications approach on a project basis.
• Research and communicate Business Unit / Segment success stories.
• BA/BS in Communications or related concentration required.
• Ability to effectively interact with all internal customers, strong teaming skills and cross-cultural abilities.
• Moderation and presentation skills, consulting expertise, creativity techniques, openness to new ideas.
• Business results orientation, strategic-innovative thinking, customer orientation, change management, collaboration & influencing and intercultural sensitivity.
• Proven experience and success with non-traditional communication activities.
• Ability to align target audience insight to develop high value content.
• Effectively activate content in demand creation campaigns by understanding buyer personas and buying process.
• Strong teaming skills including cross-cultural abilities.
• Ability to work under time constraints and adapt to change.
• Strong attention to detail, organizational skills and project management skills.
• Solid computer skills using Microsoft Office Suite.
• Self-driven and resourceful to achieve goals independently as well as work well in groups.
• Ability to travel 20%.