Sales Adminstrative Team Assistant - Mount Prospect, IL
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 224484
Primary Location: United States-Illinois-Mount Prospect
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 5%
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection; life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995, Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide, including important American landmarks such as World Trade Center Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate.For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/building-technologies.htm
Are you passionate about solving some of the world's most pressing challenges and making buildings smarter, more efficient, and more productive? Are you interested in developing your career path within a global technology powerhouse which empowers employee creativity to change, challenge, and influence our business and customer relationships?
This is the career for you!
SIEMENS Building Technologies is seeking a confident and self-motivated Administrative professional to help grow our Fire and Security Service and Solution business in the Mt Prospect, IL. Using your technical and financial expertise, along with your critical thinking and influencing skills, you will help tailor our customer’s needs into winning solutions, whether it’s in the new construction market or direct end-user service market.
· Under limited supervision, provides general administrative/secretarial support to a department or group of professionals.
· The position supports the Contract Handler in the certification of insurance and responding to RFP’s/RFIs.
· Requires regular use of business vocabulary and a detailed knowledge of company operations, organizational procedures and personnel. Makes independent decisions regarding planning, organizing and scheduling of work within established guidelines. May handle confidential materials and matters.
· Prepares and types drafts, articles, reports, proposals, charts, and a variety of routine correspondence using appropriate PC-based software packages for word processing, presentation, database and spreadsheet applications. Proofreads and edits drafts and final materials for appropriate and consistent format. Corrects punctuation, spelling and grammar. Compiles and analyzes information for inclusion in reports or presentation materials, prepares charts, graphs, and tables as necessary. Receives and responds to routine correspondence following established procedures with management review. Receives, screens, and routes incoming telephone calls, furnishes information when possible, and conveys messages to appropriate personnel; place calls, receive visitors, arrange appointments and maintain a calendar.
· Administers department record keeping system and/or maintain various department records files in accordance with company policies and procedures. Reviews requests for information and determines the appropriateness of release. Carries out special projects and assignments as requested; compiles, analyzes, and prepares data for administrative reports and presentations.
· Schedules conferences, meetings and appointments; notifies attendees and makes necessary arrangements. Arrange and confirm travel reservations selecting an economical and time efficient mode of transportation and lodging. Receives and distributes incoming mail, assemble correspondence for mailing, receive and transmit material using fax machine and collating and assembling documents.
Monitors inventory levels of office and departmental supplies, initiate purchase orders as necessary to maintain proper inventory or meet department office supply needs.
· High School degree or equivalent required.
· Vocational training or some college preferred.
· A minimum of 2 years of administrative experience.
· Strong PC skills using software packages for word processing, presentations, spreadsheet, and databases required for data analysis, report generation, presentations and general correspondence. Requires the ability to exercise independent judgment and basic reasoning skills.
· Strong Preference on experience in contract handling or in a para-legal role
Must be legally authorized for employment in the United States and must not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.