Site Installation Technician - Fire
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 224491
Primary Location: United States-Florida-Miramar
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 5%
For more information, please visit:
Participates in semi-complex equipment installation, trial runs, investigative tests, repairs and overhauls. Participates in training customers on semi-complex products and services. Performs semi-complex maintenance on tools, test equipment, etc., and maintains documents of all installations, inspections, maintenance and repair work, and failures. Participates in responding to semi-complex service or systems calls. Participates in the assessment of semi-complex product/equipment performance based on field support data and recommends modifications or improvements.
- Performs installation, troubleshooting and repairs on fire alarm and life safety systems.
- Performs technical support program (TSP) tasks to include visual and functional testing on fire detection systems and field devices in accordance with all national and local standards.
- Completes and submits written reports covering all aspects of each assignment.
- Performs minor corrective actions and preventative maintenance as directed.
- Refers major issues, opportunities or inoperative system to supervisor.
- Responds to customer service calls (emergency and on-site).
- Provides needed assistance with troubleshooting techniques and performs minor repairs as directed. Assists in installing new fire life safety systems and wiring techniques.
- Performs minor repairs as directed.
- Participates in job site final walk on assigned jobs and completes all job closeout documentation.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- A.S. degree in Electronics or related field, or equivalent experience in the installation and maintenance of low voltage electronic systems.
- NICET Certification II and Local and State license required within one year.
- 3 years field experience inspecting fire alarm systems and/ or associated low voltage systems. Thorough knowledge of electronic theory and schematic interpretation.
- Basic computer theory and factory training preferred.
- Working knowledge of national standards and procedures/ methods preferred
- Strong customer service skills
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.