E-Commerce Technical Program Manager - Senior
Business Unit: Product Lifecycle Management-PLM
Requisition Number: 224523
Primary Location: United States-Ohio-Milford
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 20%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Digital Factory Division offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly integrated hardware, software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide in enhancing the flexibility and efficiency of their manufacturing processes and reducing the time to market of their products.
For more information, please visit:
If you really want to make a difference – make it with us!
Are you a bright, curious innovator with a passion for technology? Want to work with companies to shape their digital future? Looking for a role where you’ll push your limits and learn something new every day? Our Digital Exchange team could be for you.
From making industries smarter to creating blueprints for the future, at Siemens we develop the technologies that keep the world moving forward. As a member of our fast-growing Digital Exchange team, you’ll work across a range of interesting and challenging projects, creating the future of B2B e-commerce. What’s more, you’ll work alongside some of the sharpest minds in your field, gaining new skills and experiences, within a dynamic and supportive environment.
Join our team as “Technical Program Manager”.
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
Our Technical Program Managers (TPM) are our go-to person to translate business needs into technical requirements and define the implementation plan. They are the first touch point for our Product Owners, who are the face to the customer and bring in the greater business context. The TPM takes the hand-off from a PO, digest the business needs of a request, and translates that into technical challenges, suitable resources to work the request, and fulfilling the scheduling of tasks required while keeping everything moving. At the same time, the TPM also becomes one of the primary technical knowledge owners, ensuring that new work conforms to the existing structure, or when it does not, can pinpoint what needs to change to ensure we can service the needs of our clients.
• You support the PO’s with technical details and current implementation knowledge
• You assist in scheduling with implementation estimates, interdependencies and current technology constraints or additions
• You have the detailed knowledge of the systems involved in the Digital Exchange and associated business systems
• You are responsible to develop new processes that meet the demand of the Digital Exchange implementation for new features/functions
• You document stories and implementation details for the development team to deliver those features and functions
• You work with developers to support and transfer knowledge on technical systems and process
• You identify changes needed outside of DEX scope and collaborate with responsible teams, and align on implementation roadmap. You communicate any roadblocks, issues and questions among the teams and to the POs.
• You are responsible for driving the technical completion of tasks
• You have a University degree in Information Technology or Computer Science or equivalent experience
• You will bring deep technical and software expertise, as well as customer obsession
• You have at least 5 years’ experience working in an technical analysis role
• You have worked and thrived in an agile environment before and have shown your ability to support an agile development team with deep technical knowledge
• Code and/or database experience a plus
• This opportunity requires excellent technical, problem-solving, and communication skills.
• You are highly motivated to learn and own technical process
• You have experience in documenting systems and system interactions
• You have functional knowledge of requirements gathering and defining a technical definition of done