Sales Manager-Building Automation-Portland , OR
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 224557
Primary Location: United States-Oregon-Beaverton
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Associate's Degree / College Diploma
Travel Required: 10%
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection; life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995, Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide, including important American landmarks such as World Trade Center Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/building-technologies.htm
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the world market leader for safe, energy efficient and environmentally
Siemens Building Technologies is looking for a Sales leader to manage the Building Automation Sales function for the Oregon market. The sales manager will oversee both the Construction Sales team and End User Sales team. This position reports to the Branch General Manager, and this role is located in our Portland, Oregon office.
· Manage the sales function ensuring strong customer relationships are established and maintained while also driving employees to achieve business goals.
· Promote team selling and expansion of existing relationships across divisions and/or geographic areas.
· Coordinate engineering and sales support activities to facilitate offering and supporting quality products.
· Drive sales employees to achieve commitment to OneSBT philosophy and customer satisfaction.
· Manage employee performance and provide coaching to develop skills. Communicate goals and provide performance appraisals.
· Review bidding to ensure accuracy and appropriate method to meet company and customer objectives.
· Assist employees in determining margins, identifying resources and assessing future potential business.
· Participate in selling to large/key accounts as needed.
· Provide input for best practice work and encourage employees to incorporate new ideas into projects.
· Develop sales forecast and provide input to budget.
· Participate in development of long-range sales planning and growth strategies.
· Act as a resource to sales employees regarding Siemens’ products, applications and services.
· Maintain awareness of competitor product/service information and advise employees on effective sales tactics as needed.
· Maintain ongoing contacts with large/key accounts and consider these customers needs relative to new product development.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
· Success selling either Building Automation or Fire Safety /Security systems.
· Ability to travel up to 10% of the time.
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite
· Excellent presentation, oral, and written communication skills in English required for coaching sales staff and interfacing with customers.
· Ability to work in the U.S. without the need for current or future sponsorship.
· Must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing.
· Must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.
· Preferred education: Bachelor’s Degree