Manufacturing Engineering/Process Improvement Manager
Business Unit: Large Drives
Requisition Number: 224565
Primary Location: United States-Ohio-Norwood
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Process Industries and Drives Division helps manufacturers measurably increase productivity and improve time-to-market with our innovative, integrated technology and services. We support our customers in continuously improving the reliability, safety, and efficiency of products, processes and plants.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/process-industries-and-drives.htm
This position is responsible for the management of the manufacturing and process engineering functions. Reporting to this position are Manufacturing Engineers, a Materials/Logistics Coordinator (Routing) , an SPS expert (Lean activities), and maintenance supervisor. The incumbent is a member of the Leadership Team and reports to the Operations Manager.
● Develops a program and strategy to ensure high equipment availability in coordination with involved parties.
● Develop new and unique ways to improve operations of the organization and ensure continuous improvement in processes and technology. Actively applies CIP and lean methods (TPM, value stream mapping, SMED, work cell improvement, seven wastes, six sigma, etc.).
● Reviews project plans and proposals, then works with management to develop project objectives. Calculates time frames and sequences the stages of the project.
●Presents procedures, rules, and regulations to those involved in the project. Maintains a safe, clean, and productive environment by enforcing procedures.
• Manages and facilitates communication across all functions to ensure that the project objectives are met.
● Improves manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning work flow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
●Keeps equipment operational by coordinating maintenance and repair services by following manufacturer’s instructions, established procedures, TPM, and OEE.
● Evaluate manufacturing programs by applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, materials, conferring with equipment vendors, and soliciting observations from operators.
● Coordinate the installation of complex pieces of machinery and systems.
● Develop ideas of potential ‘thinking green’ projects to save energy/cost and reduce waste.
●Develop comprehensive, continuous improvement plans for products, component parts and services within the U.S. and global markets.
●Drive meaningful innovations that deliver long-term ROI for employees, customers and share-holders. parts and services within the U.S. and global markets.
● Drives structured and best practice thinking to develop future innovative technology in manufacturing (MES)Develop , drive and implement a factory digitalization roadmap
Responsible for implementing and driving the Siemens Production System, Lean manufacturing
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
A BS degree in an engineering discipline or equivalent experience.
A minimum of ten years experience in a manufacturing environment.
Solid understanding of the main principles of engineering and construction.
Demonstrated knowledge of manufacturing methods, process improvement, equipment/facility maintenance, and safety management.
Experience in Lean Manufacturing
Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience
Experience with motors in a manufacturing environment.
Previous experience with MES, factory digitalization.