Mindsphere Senior Technical Product Manager
Business Unit: Product Lifecycle Management-PLM
Requisition Number: 224647
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Plano
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 20%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Digital Factory Division offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly integrated hardware, software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide in enhancing the flexibility and efficiency of their manufacturing processes and reducing the time to market of their products.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/digital-factory.htm
MindSphere Senior Technical Product Manager
We are seeking passionate and enthusiastic Senior Technical Product Manager to join our
Siemens PLM MindSphere team. You will have the unique opportunity to work on the world’s largest IoT platform – MindSphere using cloud technologies (AWS / Azure).
You will be part of a highly innovative fast-paced development team, delivering commercial solutions targeted towards Holistic Digitalization, with analytics to help improve Resource Efficiency, Productivity & Sustainability. The solutions will be based on MindSphere Platform, MindApps and other applications as needed.
To learn more about MindSphere please watch the video below:
MindSphere Video (scroll down in the information to start the video)
As a high-performing senior member of the team, you are responsible and expected to:
• Defining the content and direction of MindSphere Solutions through all stages of the product life cycle (concept through end-of-life); including frameworks for application building and integrations
• Engage with Solution Architects, Product Owners and Development for detailed definition and refinement of the Solution, along with prioritization driven by business need
• Perform Product Owner responsibilities as needed
• Generate collateral to be used by product marketing and sales on the product launch and go to market strategy to ensure that the product is successful in the marketplace upon release.
• Works with product marketing and sales on the product launch and go to market strategy to ensure that the product is successful in the marketplace upon release.
• Handles negotiations and contract discussions with vendors, customers and third parties, as necessary
• Makes critical decisions regarding product lifecycle (e.g. phase-out), pricing, packaging, etc. of individual products.
• Works with minimal supervision on highly complex projects
• Has technical expertise, customer & field interactions skills
• Work closely with different global MindSphere team to be able to effectively plan and build deliverables for the Solutions
• Interact with Regional / Country-based peers in the organization and stakeholders from other organizations such as sales, services
• Support and enable the field with Commercial and Partner Solutions, so that they can effectively sell and deploy
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Bachelors and/or Master’s degree: Computer Science, Engineering, or other supplemented with real world experience
• 10-15 years in software product development, technology sales, marketing working with large customers in a product or project management role responsible for preparing and delivering internal and customer facing presentations and preparing, presenting and justifying financial investments through a business plan.
• 5+ years Cross Organization engagement (Development, Sales, Services, Partners, etc.)
• Business Acumen, Customer Orientation, Self-Directed, High Energy
• Developing strategic visions for products and solutions
• Authoring white papers, positioning documents, marketing content/deliverables, etc
• Technical Knowledge: multi-tier distributed architecture, enterprise software and related
• Web/Cloud Technology Experience – 3+ years
• Practical knowledge/general experience: Product lifecycle management, Project management, 3rd party relationship management, business plans and revenue projections, enterprise integrations development.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• 10+ years’ experience of working in a global R&D environment
• 5+ years’ experience in collaboration with near- and off-shoring organizations
• Experience in IoT technologies (devices, sensors) & solutions
• Experience in Big Data and Analytics tools & techniques