Business Program Intern
Business Unit: Laboratory Diagnostics
Requisition Number: 224692
Primary Location: United States-Indiana-Elkhart
Assignment Category: Full-time temporary
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: No
At Siemens Healthineers, we are passionate about enabling healthcare professionals to deliver high quality patient care, and to do so affordably. A leading global healthcare company, Siemens Healthineers continues to strengthen our portfolio of medical imaging and laboratory diagnostics, while adding new offerings such as managed services, consulting, and healthcare IT services – as well as further technologies in the growing market for therapeutic and molecular diagnostics.
Siemens Healthineers develops innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence they need to meet the clinical, operational and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape.
This is for an internship position reporting to the Manager of the Component Testing Group. This individual will be expected to perform routine and non-routine testing on the Siemens Centaur platform. They would be involved in a project to gather performance data on a variety of materials used in the manufacture of In Vitro Diagnostics (IVD) Assays. Component Testing is part of the Protein Development Services (PDS) group in Elkhart, IN.
The main responsibility of this role will be to run the Centaur instrument to assist in a project we have to transfer testing from an unsupported testing platform to the Siemens Centaur platform. This will include but is not limited to:
- Preparing reports following Good Documentation Practice.
- Maintaining a Lab notebook of all findings.
- preparation of test solutions,
- data analysis
- auditing instruments,
- test procedure review
- providing support for general laboratory activities.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Working toward BS/BA degree in biochemistry, chemistry or related degree.
- Strong computer skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Knowledge of good laboratory practices in a cGMP environment, with strong analytical capabilities
- 2 years of laboratory experience preferred.
- Detail oriented and highly organized