Sales Executive - Fire Alarm Service Sales - Florham Park, NJ
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 224698
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Florham Park
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 5%
The potential candidate should be capable of networking and cold calling extensively to meet potential new customers and develop opportunities. Candidate must have knowledge and ability to research markets and determine best approach for developing strategic plans. Candidate must be customer focused, have high energy and a desire to promote Siemens value proposition at high levels within organizations. Candidate must be comfortable with discussing and presenting at all levels within a customer organization. Candidate will maintain excellent relationships with existing customers and be able to resolve customer issues through understanding of customer needs, teamwork and collaboration.
• Achieves new order booking and gross margin goals.
• Develops and implements plans to take advantage of all sales opportunities for assigned customers or territory.
• Able to effectively handle the most sophisticated deals independently within established guidelines.
• Effectively performs needs assessments, develops sales proposals, estimates, specifications and presentations. Works with operations, finance, legal and other inside and outside resources as needed to obtain the sale.
• Strategic Account Planning and Management.
• Introduce new products and services to new and existing customers and end-users.
• Coordinate and present technical symposium’s to customers and end-users.
• Prepare sales promotion campaigns for customers to promote product lines and services.
• Follows through on sold projects and services to ensure satisfactory completion. Ensures a smooth sales-to-operations turnover and monitors progress. Assists in resolving installation/execution, collections and other customer satisfaction issues as needed. Assists customers and potential customers with problems involving the use of company products and services and recommends suitable resolutions accordingly.
• Prepares accurate and thorough sales activity reports, forecast reports and expense tracking.
• Participates in civic and professional organizations, and sales department meetings, workshops and seminars. Keeps current on market business and product trends. Continues to pursue in depth product and service knowledge and acquire deeper selling, technical and financial skills.
• Develops and deploys account strategies. Prepares annual technology roadmap for all accounts managed.
• Team sells with solutions/contractor sales reps and Building Automation service sales reps.
• Develops and builds long term relationships.
• Expand the value of assigned accounts for all SBT offerings. Primary point of contact with end-user. Drives/coordinates new business across all product lines to meet objectives. Focus on customer retention and satisfaction/loyalty.
• Will focus on prospecting directly to new end users.
• Bachelor’s Degree strongly desired in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, however candidates with a Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or candidates with equivalent combination of education (HS Diploma or GED Equivalency a minimum) and experience will also be considered
• Experience with fire alarm service agreements or systems sales us desired
• 1-2+ years of meeting and succeeding quotas of selling fire services or products to the end-users strongly desired
• Spin Selling
• Effective communication skills to give presentations before a broad audience
• Hunter sales mentality
• NICET Level II Certification in Fire Alarm, Fire Sprinkler or Special Hazards
• Extensive training in fire alarm systems and service
• Must possess a valid Driver’s License in good standing and be at least 21 years of age; must meet eligibility requirements to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan