Sr. Sub-Contract Administrator
Business Unit: Government Services
Requisition Number: 224707
Primary Location: United States-Virginia-Reston
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Associate's Degree / College Diploma
Travel Required: 15%
Siemens Government Technologies, Inc. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Siemens, uniquely qualified to perform work for the U.S. Government. We are focused on enhancing the safety and
security of the nation's assets and infrastructure, as well as assisting to improve operational and energy performance.
As an independent U.S. company with its own Board of Directors, SGT maintains a unique relationship with Siemens. We are able to leverage resources of professionals world-wide with demonstrated domain expertise and proven past performance to manage large scale, mission critical programs. The future of SGT is bright. By integrating world-class people, process, products and technology, SGT is expanding its role as an important part of our nation's
We offer a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, along with the opportunity to grow your career with a well established
For further information, please visit: http://www.siemensgovt.com/
- Develop commodity sourcing strategies working in collaboration with operational and technical staff on the project
- Provide commodity and procurement expertise to business operational staff at all management levels
- Build and support Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) business case development in evaluation subcontractor proposals
- Research procurement market for specialized subcontractor capabilities and establish a responsible competitive source base.
- Review complex procurement packages, perform a comparative analysis, develop a supporting rationale and recommend a course of action to procurement management.
- Lead vendor survey activity and develop the appropriate vendor profile information based on survey inputs.
- Evaluate quotations received to determine the responding subcontractors’ capabilities to comply with requirements.
- Perform cost/price analysis on submitted data and government audits reports and conduct company cost fact-finding surveys at subcontractor facility.
- Lead the Source Selection team on bids. Develop a rationale for that selection and make a recommendation. Conduct supplier debriefs
- Negotiate terms and conditions to minimize risk of loss and liability, cost-type, incentive-type, contracts compatible with prime contracts; document record of negotiation, obtain subcontractor’s cert of current cost or pricing data and assure subcontractor’s cost/price analysis data package is in compliance with TINA.
- Perform subcontract administration through the entire life cycle of the subcontract terms
- Manage the administration of subcontracts for a SGT in accordance with company policies and procedures, applicable laws and customer requirements.
- Drive tactical subcontract opportunities with significant impact to the company
- Assist with the creation of Small Business Subcontracting Plans for task Orders
- Conduct annual Subcontractor Reviews on major projects
Bachelor’s degree in Business related field or equivalent experience; MBA preferred. Professional certification is a plus.
Minimum of eight (8) of years of experience of buying and negotiating to become knowledgeable of government procurement regulations, practices and policies
Experience using Deltek Accounting and Procurement Modules (preferred); MS Excel and Project
Knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR)
Analytical ability to insure that terms and conditions and schedule of assigned subcontracts are being adhered to
Ability to generate and negotiate Statement of Work, Memorandum of Understanding, Master Service Agreements and Service level Agreements
Ability to manage and meet deadlines and schedules
Ability to work independently.
Perform advanced areas of work in the Subcontracts field.
Possess advanced skills to resolve complex problems not covered by existing procedures or practices independently.
Display a high level of critical thinking to bring successful resolution to high-impact, complex and/or cross functional problems.
Candidate must be US citizen and have the ability to obtain a US federal agency security clearance, if later required.