Systems Specialist II - Building Automation - Burlington, White River Junction, Rutland, or Montpelier Vermont
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 224814
Primary Location: United States-New York-Albany
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 20%
For more information, please visit:
We are searching for an experienced Systems Specialist II (Building Automation Controls Technician) who will report directly to the Operations Supervisor and will play a key role in the design, installation, and implementation of all technical aspects of Building Automation Systems. These will be newly installed BAS systems in retrofit or newly constructed buildings. This role will focus on vertical markets of K-12, Higher Education, Health Care, Hospitality, Office, Government Facilities, Pharmaceutical and manufacturing. While this position reports into the Albany, NY office, this position will be remote, covering the State of Vermont. Ideal locations for this remote position would be Rutland, White River Junction, Burlington, or Montpelier Vermont.
- Works with project management and engineering team to review jobs specifications and design needs.
- Designs and creates all custom software programs, point database and graphics that are used with the BAS, workstations and website interfaces.
- Provides on-site support for the scheduling of contractors to coordinate start-up services as needed. Construction trades would generally include various mechanical, electrical, IT and equipment suppliers.
- Executes project start-ups, commissioning, testing, and troubleshooting of installed BAS controls and mechanical systems on assigned projects.
- Participates in the layout and coordination of network drops, IP addresses and monitoring tools with customer's IT Department personnel.
- Works with equipment vendors to coordinate communication protocols, encryption, and database requirements for integration to their systems.
- Runs semi-complex reports to analyze system operation, works with project team to demonstrate system operation and verify consistency with the contracted scope of work.
- Participates in final inspection and testing, assures customer acceptance, and conducts training for end user customers on system operations.
- Provides Plans & Control System Documents to application engineering for as-built drawings.
- Mentors other specialists who may need specific automation product knowledge.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- A minimum of 8-10 years experience with Building Automation Systems. Experience could be as a BAS technician, installer/electrician of BAS systems or BAS Owner/Operator.
- Associates Degree or similar education or experience desired (High School Diploma or GED Equivalent is a minimum requirement).
- Must have strong knowledge in HVAC mechanical and/or Electrical systems.
- Must have knowledge of computers and MS Suite software products.
- Strong documentation and communication skills desired.
- Independent, self learner and high desire for high quality products and systems.
- Must possess a valid Driver’s license in good standing.
- Must be at least 21 years of age with a valid driver’s license in good standing in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.
• Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- IT Networking
- Knowledge in Fire Alarm, Security, BAS systems