GTAC Teamcenter Technical Support Engineer - Advanced
Business Unit: Product Lifecycle Management-PLM
Requisition Number: 224837
Primary Location: United States-Ohio-Milford
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthcare and Financial Services.
The Siemens Digital Factory Division offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly integrated hardware, software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide in enhancing the flexibility and efficiency of their manufacturing processes and reducing the time to market of their products.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/digital-factory.htm
As an Technical Support Engineer, you are responsible for assisting customers in the use of Siemens PLM software; interfacing with support and development management to escalate key customer issues; developing technical articles (technical writing) for publications/newsletters, and customer self-help tools; assist in testing and verification of software fixes during the development cycle. TAC calls would occasionally require additional input from technical leads, development, and management. Area of customer focus would consist of broad range of products including niche areas. This person could serve as mentor or focal point for product information. Scope of influence could include Marketing, Development, Onsite Customers, User Groups, and possibly Business Partners.
· Answer 800 number calls from clients and provide solutions for their problems.
· Under minimum direction, analyze client’s problem and provide a solution or a workaround in a timely manner that meets the customer’s needs.
· Duplicate client problems, provide explicit problem examples to development, and write detailed problem and enhancement reports.
· Provide technical assistance to team members on difficult customer problems. Identify critical issues and take responsibility for successful resolution of issue while coaching.
· Actively participate and seek out GTAC department opportunities in including: product testing, Incident Report, Problem Report, and Enhancement Request maintenance, GTAC Quarterly and Symptom/Solution article creation, and staff meeting discussions.
· Recommend improvements to GTAC objectives.
· Create Solution Center articles, and a technical training sessions every other year.
· Train a minimum of 80 hours
· Expand scope of product knowledge to include additional functional areas, applications, focal points, or modules, while maintaining area of expertise.
· Contribute positively to GTAC Objectives.
· Provide accurate exchanges of information that show knowledge of GTAC processes.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Depending on types of applications supported, qualified candidates must have a degree in Mechanical Engineering, Mechanical Design, Computer Science or equivalent schooling and/or experience.
· A minimum of two to five years, general CAD, CAM, CAE, or PDM experience and working knowledge of Microsoft Office products is preferred.
· Strong background in Teamcenter installation with an emphasis on Teamcenter Manufacturing.
· Requires proficient analytical, writing, and communication skills, thorough knowledge of computer systems, i.e. application installation, use of email, and O/S experience.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Experience in customer support and call tracking system.
· Ability to comprehend complex software concepts, an understanding of Visual Basic or C programming, database concepts, networking concepts, and Microsoft Windows operating systems.
· Background in Microsoft SQL or Oracle is a plus.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.