Senior Project Planning and Forecasting Specialist
Business Unit: Distributed Generation
Requisition Number: 224889
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Houston
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens is the leading service partner for ensuring high reliability and optimal performance of rotating power equipment within the utility, oil & gas, and industrial processing industries worldwide – as well as for wind turbines. Siemens’ extensive national network of service technicians is able to quickly and comprehensively offer expert service to maximize the lifecycle of power generation equipment, helping to ensure reliability and prevent downtime.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/power-generation-services.htm
The Senior Project Planning and Forecasting Specialist the planning and forecasting activities for the AGT Services Mods & Ups (M&U) and Long Term Program (LTP) projects to support planning and forecasting. This includes project schedule set-up and management, delivery commitment management, and overall project planning and forecasting oversight. The senior planning and forecasting specialist reports to the head of planning and risk to ensure that the project plans and forecasts are known and support the overall AGT business objectives.
This role will be responsible for ensuring the planning and forecasting details of AGT M&U and LTP projects are properly understood, managed, and reported. This includes sold, as well as forecasted projects, and obtaining delivery commitment for forecasted projects from resource owners. Objectives and tasks for the position include:
· Oversee the Integrated Business Planning Process
o Obtain and combine sales and operations forecasts for our M&U and LTP forecasted and sold projects.
o Work with the other business functions to determine capability and capacity to deliver those projects
o Provide quarterly reporting on actions needed/taken to meet the forecasted demand, including advance equipment orders.
· Serve as master scheduler for Power Turbine demand planning
o Manage the PS DO AGT power turbine demand plan to ensure all new equipment and services demands are captured, forecasted, and tracked.
o Work with the Power Turbine repair and overhaul team, as well as supply chain team, to ensure hardware is ordered and received to support this demand plan
o Perform what-if analysis on the demand plan based on requests to add or change power turbine demand to meet business needs.
o Place and track demand in the SAP Atlas system to support the strategic power turbine demand plan.
· Create high level project schedules, including resource requirements, for supporting project proposals and gaining delivery commitment on those schedules.
· Work with project teams to turn high level project schedules used during the proposal phase into detailed project schedules for project execution.
· Assist the project teams with schedule management and update for more complex projects which require a more detailed knowledge of the scheduling tool.
· Lead with overall planning and forecasting “what-if” scenario analysis to support business forecasting and decision making
· Provide Delivery Commitments for the business given proposal definition and functional commitment acceptance to deliver against those proposals.
· Provide training and coaching to the project teams on schedule and resource management to ensure the project plans contain the right information within the project scheduling tools.
· Become proficient with the project management scheduling tools with a goal to become a resource for the project teams to go to for help.
· Support the overall maintenance and management of the project schedules within the IT filing management system.
· Attend weekly, and bi-weekly, meetings with the sales and proposals team with respect to forecasted projects to ensure project requirements are understood and agreed, and to update and improve the high level schedules and resources planned.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- BS/BA in engineering, business management, or related discipline.
- 8 years of project scheduling and planning experience using industry standard scheduling tools.
- 3+ experience with SAP views and reporting
- Proficient with industry standard scheduling and planning tools such as Microsoft Project, Excel (Advanced), Primavera, or equivalent.
- Experience with sales and operations planning and forecasting including data management, analysis, and reporting
- Experience with “What-if” scenario planning and evaluation
- Travel will be 10%
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Masters in engineering, business management, or related discipline.
- 10 years of project scheduling and planning experience using industry standard scheduling tools.
- Salesforce CRM Experience
- Advanced SAP demand loading and tracking experience
- Experience using and analyzing a compilation of project plans to drive business decisions.
- Experience owning an enterprise/portfolio master schedule to ensure operational deliveries are met.