Business Unit: Supply Chain Management
Requisition Number: 224895
Primary Location: United States-Iowa-Fort Madison
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
About Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy, Inc.
With a worldwide installed capacity of 75 GW, Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy has a presence in more than 90 countries and a team of 27,000 employees worldwide. Its end-to-end value chain presence encompasses onshore and offshores wind turbines design, manufacturing, installation as well as cutting-edge service solutions. The global headquarters and legal domicile of the company is located in Zamudio, Spain. The company is listed on the Spanish stock exchange.
The candidate will report to the Engineering Group-lead in Ft. Madison, and will have responsibility for the blade manufacturing process in Ft. Madison.
The candidate will be working in a global engineering environment, and be responsible for supporting manufacturing operations. The departments engineering responsibilities include interaction with global engineering teams.
- B.S. in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering required.
- Minimum 3-5 years directly related experience designing and improving work processes in a manufacturing environment.
- Prior experience supporting multiple facilities utilizing same process while maintaining process quality and consistency.
- Experience managing plant and manufacturing engineering projects in a fabrication
- Previous experience with Teamcenter and SAP preferred
- Hands on experience with 2D and 3D CAD design systems to aid in the design process.
- Prior experience in successfully initiating, implementing, and executing change
Initiatives in a production/manufacturing environment.
- Prior experience coordinating people and processes within a manufacturing
- Highly-developed analytical and conceptual skills.
- Excellent team player with good communication skills.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Ability to travel 10-15%
- Lead implementation and standardization of manufacturing processes
- Lead development, implementation and maintenance of manufacturing processes and
- Coordinate the development and deployment of new pre-manufacturing processes as
necessary to support the manufacturing area.
- Independently initiate and lead projects.
- Plan processes, workflow, and accident prevention measures to maintain optimum and
safe utilization of plant resources.
- Anticipate issues with process and material implementation and provide timely
feedback and information to necessary personnel.
- Compile reports as necessary to communicate to peers and management.