Senior Systems Engineer
Business Unit: Logistics and Airport Solutions
Requisition Number: 224927
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Irving
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 25%
Siemens Postal, Parcel & Airport Logistics LLC is a provider of logistics industry products and solutions. The business comprises a comprehensive portfolio in mail & parcel logistics and automation, airport logistics with baggage handling and air cargo, as well as service offerings supporting our customers with maintenance, operation and optimization. Our customers are airports & airlines, courier express parcel providers, the US Postal Service and commercial postal service providers.
The Senior (Mechanical) Systems Engineer (SE) guides the work of the technical internal and external teams assigned to the project.
• A SE must possess good mechanical knowledge and direct the teams assigned to the project, to evaluate, create, design, build, and test solutions that can be sold as products in the Material Handling Automation market.
• The SE is responsible for creating a technical plan, selecting the correct technical solution(s), and then implementing that plan.
• In addition to the various Engineering teams, the SE will work closely with external customers and internal business directors to take the R&D prototypes to a production-ready stage.
• The SE will also work with Department and Product Managers to create and maintain a budget and schedule. Projects will be reviewed monthly with emphasis on technical solutions progress and budget/timeline adherence.
• Completes estimates for complex customers' standards specification and other documentation to determine engineering requirements.
• Performs presentations of complex technical findings and developments.
• Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering is required
• Minimum 5 years of successful experience in related field and successful demonstration of Knowledge and Responsibilities
• Previous experience with Material Handling and Conveyor Systems is desired
• Previous experience with the following applications is desired: MS Project (Gantt charts), MS Excel (proposals and data manipulation), MS PowerPoint, MS Word (SOW, Technical Proposals, etc.), AutoCAD 2D, and a 3D Modeling package (ex. UG NX)
• Must possess good technical ability, and understand highly complex technical issues
• Good written and oral communication with the ability to motivate others to perform well
• Ability to work with a multi-disciplinary Engineering team
• US Citizenship or Permanent Residency required
• Travel up to 25% for customer meetings and integration testing at customer sites.