Project Manager - Bids and Proposals
Business Unit: Country Division Controller
Requisition Number: 224929
Primary Location: United States-Oregon-Tualatin
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Technical Diploma
Travel Required: 5%
- Coordinate with the engineering, production and procurement department within the organization to successfully prepare the bid on time and to the customer requirements
- The position reports to the Head of Business Development of the Siemens Rail Electrification Unit
- Receives and reviews the Request for Bid/Proposal documents from the Customer and evaluates the scope that Siemens bid on and the requirements that will need to be complied with to prepare a compliant bid.
- Reviews Technical Specifications and Drawings that are part of the Request for Bid/Proposal on and develops a work breakdown structure, scope or bill of materials and prepares a detailed cost calculation sheet.
- Prepares technical bid package for Siemens' vendors and coordinates with procurement to obtain vendor proposals.
- Reviews vendor proposal with Engineering and Procurement for technical and contractual compliance and prepares cost comparison to determine most beneficial vendor.
- Estimates project management, testing and construction manhours needed for delivering the project.
- Works with engineering to prepare technical solutions for the Proposal and prepares Siemens scope proposal and approach for the bid.
- Prepares delivery plan and schedule for the bid including cash forecast Performs bid risk review and assessment.
- Degree in electrical engineering preferred.
- 5 Years in electrical substation engineering, project management, or estimating.
- 5 years in electrical substation estimating or construction indiustries.
- 10 years work experience.
- Amount of travel with the position -<10%