Security Service Technician - Boston, MA
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 224938
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Canton
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 10%
For more information, please visit:
Siemens Building Technologies is growing in Massachusetts and Rhode Island! Join our Commercial Security Service team, and while you’re working for an entrepreneurial global powerhouse, you will enhance your long-term career path! We offer exceptional benefits, including a matching 401K retirement plan. We are currently searching for an experienced independent-working Security Systems Field Service Technician to be responsible for providing technical service to Commercial Security customers for Intrusion, Card Access and CCTV systems.
• Performs system commissioning on systems including loading software programs and implementing modifications as necessary on Intrusion, Card Access and CCTV systems.
• Conducts testing and inspects systems under maintenance agreements.
• Responds and carries out to completion any troubleshooting and repairs to assigned customer systems.
• Ensures company-owned test equipment and installation equipment is in proper working order.
• Returns equipment in need of repair or calibration to the office in a timely manner.
• Identifies code issues and non-conformance issues.
• Makes recommendations regarding both systems installations and service contract facilities.
• Reports daily on technician activities completed, deferred, requiring further action or material.
• Participates in On-Call assignments / schedules on a team rotational basis.
• Technician experience in the installation and maintenance of security systems, including CCTV systems
• Associate's Degree in a technical field preferred, although a combination of education (must have a High School Diploma or GED Equivalency at minimum) and experience will also be considered.
• Class D Electrical License preferred, however, we would also consider an experienced Security Field Service Technician who is either in process of obtaining their Class D Electrical License or is willing to obtain it.
• Must be able to lift and carry seventy-five (75) pounds unassisted.
• Must be willing and available to participate on an on-call rotation, which could include nights/weekends/holidays.
• Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing.
• Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.
Why Siemens? In addition to an awesome career opportunity, we offer:
• Competitive compensation
• Very good health, vision, dental plan with many options to choose from
• All employees receive Life Insurance, STD and LTD
• 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary
• Extensive product training and career development
We aim to hire top Technician talent and arm them with opportunities to make top money. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens they rarely leave as shown in our low turnover rate. Come advance your career with Siemens!