Business Unit: Supply Chain Management
Requisition Number: 224953
Primary Location: United States-Kansas-Hutchinson
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: No
About Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy
With a worldwide installed capacity of 75 GW, Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy has a presence in more than 90 countries and a team of 27,000 employees worldwide. Its end-to-end value chain presence encompasses onshore and offshores wind turbines design, manufacturing, installation as well as cutting-edge service solutions. The global headquarters and legal domicile of the company is located in Zamudio, Spain. The company is listed on the Spanish stock exchange.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/wind-power-and-renewables.htm
To perform visual, dimensional, and gage inspections and record all required data. Interpret results of visual, gage and dimensional inspections and recommend appropriate action in accordance with referenced specifications, accepted industry and shop practices. Document and test the required inspection of components. Perform required process control actions to ensure equipment and materials meet minimum requirements prior to inspections.
1. High School Diploma or equivalent
2. Pass computer competency test.
3. Microsoft applications experience.
4. Quality experience preferred
- The employee must certify on the quality standards in the specified quality areas assigned.
- Within the qualifying period, the employee must obtain certification of the quality standards, and complete the required equipment specific training courses.
The following are the major job duties but this job description does not preclude the performance of other duties by the incumbent.
1. Use all required safety equipment and follow established safety procedures.
2. Receive and perform work assignments, oral and/or written and follow work instructions.
3. Accurately report findings of inspections and audits to operations, supervisor, etc.
4. Document, organize, and retain all findings of evaluations and inspections in a timely manner using the Integrated Management System (IMS).
5. Interpret drawings, sketches, etc. to obtain material and dimensional information with minimal supervision.
6. Set up, operate, and maintain a variety of equipment to assemble, inspect, and evaluate parts per accepted Siemens or industry standards.
7. Perform required tests and inspections per process specifications including calibration data.
8. Set up, operate, and maintain inspection equipment as needed.
9. Conduct inspection techniques and processes to qualify vendor materials.
10. Perform Final Inspections as required and support NCR reports and corrective action as needed.
11. SAP – release and/or block parts for production. Accept or reject work as indicated by comparing data to the required drawing specifications, process specifications or other documented engineering criteria.
12. Work with or take direction from support engineers as required.
13. Assemble, verify dimensions, and disassemble components or set-ups as required.
14. Follow all applicable specifications and procedures regarding the performance of shop operations.
15. Provide technical direction and training for others as required.
16. Keep work areas in a clean and orderly condition.
17. Support and apply team concepts in daily activities.
18. Final inspection, tag & release of complete Nacelles and Hubs.
19. Coordinate with the Product Order Manager to obtain black tag approval.
20. Verify NCR’s are complete and closed as required.
21. Verify turning and storage of Nacelles and Hubs.