Business Unit: Legal and Compliance
Requisition Number: 225016
Primary Location: United States-Georgia-Alpharetta
Other Locations: United States-Florida-Orlando
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 20%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
Our support functions are split into two organizations, Corporate Core and Corporate Services. These organizations provide essential services to better enable responsible and profitable growth.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/
• Performing a full spectrum of common contract management duties;
• Applying advanced skills to identify and independently resolve complex problems related to contract language, procedures and practices;
• Providing advice/recommendation and interpretation of contract requirements, obligations and risk exposure to the applicable management team;
• Consulting with the applicable management team regarding implementation concerns including amendments and settlements;
• Verifying contract compliance with Siemens’ Limits of Authority Process and summarizing risks for management review and approval;
• Writing, reviewing, analyzing, modifying and negotiating contracts and contract modifications to achieve acceptable levels of risk in a highly competitive market environment;
• Effectively and positively representing the company in discussions with highly experienced customers, customer counsel and lenders from the North American Energy market;
• Performing as a lead member in a multi-disciplined negotiation team consisting of personnel from Legal, Sales, Marketing, Proposals, Engineering and Project Implementation.
• Analyzing customer’s contractual terms and conditions and recommending innovative approaches to contract requirements, obligations and risk exposures;
• Drafting and negotiating a wide range of agreements, including: equipment sale/installation, consortium agreements, turnkey agreements, exclusivity agreements, settlement agreements, master/frame/alliance agreements, parts/service agreements, modification and upgrade agreements, long term parts/services agreements, non-disclosure agreements, letters of intent, letter agreements, memorandum of understandings, changes to existing agreements, re-negotiations of existing contracts, claim management and other contractual documents;
• Ensuring all bids/contracts comply with Siemens Energy Limits of Authority (LOA) directives and related business specific policies; &
• Supporting and actively engaging in an environment of continual training, guidance and education of fellow professional staff.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Engineering focus, required.
• Advanced degree in Business or Law not required but considered beneficial.
• Ten (10) plus years of demonstrated progressive responsibility and experience in the Corporate / Commercial Power Generation / Energy environment.
• Eight (8) plus years of contract management / transactional experience in a related field with large complex project and/or services provisions, as described herein.
• Demonstrated success of handling complex high dollar contracts specific to the sale of complex, manufactured goods, installation and maintenance services, long term parts/services, and engineering, procurement and construction(EPC or turnkey) agreements.
• Demonstrated knowledge of Legal business practices and concerns related to contract and claim management, and the contractual and commercial aspects of software licensing, digital or IT services, and cyber security matters.
• Demonstrated abilities to formulate logical approaches and make effective recommendations to address complex issues.
• Demonstrated strong negotiations skills with the ability to effectively lead or support a matrixed negotiating team consisting of Legal, Engineering, Marketing, Sales, Proposals, and Project Implementation personnel.
• Self-driven and resourceful to achieve goals independently and work well in groups.
• Flexibility to adjust to changing requirements, schedules and priorities.
• The ability to socialize ideas, make recommendations and generate team consensus to move forward; this also includes meeting facilitation skills.
• Excellent verbal communication and writing skills with demonstrated ability to develop and communicate clearly and concisely with all levels of stakeholders. Communicate consistent contractual positions and persuade other parties to accept the fairness of Siemens’ position.
• Demonstrates and applies a broad knowledge of field of specialization through successful completion of moderately complex assignments.
• Successfully applies complex knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures of particular area of specialization.
• Demonstrates knowledge of organization's business practices and concerns.
• Possess and apply the technical aptitude necessary to successfully understand and coordinate inclusion of contractual and technical topics in complex contracts.
• Strong sense of prioritization and customer orientation is required.
• Ability to handle multiple projects at the same time.
• Demonstrate ownership and sense of urgency with assigned tasks and their timely completion.
• Ability to travel domestically and internationally estimated at twenty-five (25%) percent. Travel may at times be required on very short notice.