Business Unit: Human Resources
Requisition Number: 225017
Primary Location: United States-Florida-Orlando
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
Our support functions are split into two organizations, Corporate Core and Corporate Services. These organizations provide essential services to better enable responsible and profitable growth.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/
The Payroll Operations Manager is responsible for proactive collaboration with customer and key internal business partners. You will manage all facets of Payroll operations in the U.S. that pertains to front end payroll processing. You will direct the processing team on all gross to net activities. Develop process improvement functionality, programs and other customer service initiatives related to gross to net processing. Ensure quality measurements are implemented and maintained. Maintain Union setups, processing and reporting. Coordinate changes, maintenance, upgrades and other departmental technology initiatives tied to the Operations activities. Works as a team player and maintain a positive and productive work environment.
This position is responsible for the review, analysis and validation of payroll for the multiple Siemens Operating Companies. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Direct team in handling time loads, processing payrolls and distribution of results
- Ensure team applies documented rules, past practices, or instructions as required
- Guide the team in handling complex payroll specific transactions
- Respond to complex payroll related inquiries from customers or employees
- Ability to troubleshoot complex payroll issues, run and analyze reports
- Assist in ensuring correct accrual processing, GL reporting, time and attendance interfaces, special pay processing. Resolves all issues through root cause analysis.
- Root cause analysis and constructive and preventative actions using quality tools
- Develop and ensure internal controls and processes are being followed
- Maintain compliance with all payroll related regulatory and Siemens requirements
- Assist in the review of current payroll processes to identify areas of process improvements and standardization
- Assist in mergers, acquisitions and divestitures
- Compile, analyze and provide data to support internal and external audits
- Develop team reporting results for business evaluations in areas for improvement
- Maintain staff education, problem solving and ability to process cases effectively
- Communicate effectively with various levels of management to ensure high level of customer support and positive customer interactions.
- Engage with others of the management team to develop best practices
- Ensure Customer Service expectations are exceeded in the services provided.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- CPP/FPC certification a plus
- 8+ years of experience in payroll related responsibilities
- 5 years minimum managing Payroll Department in a multistate environment
- Understanding of payroll processing within a shared services environment
- Solid payroll knowledge of payroll in a multi-state environment
- Solid knowledge of payroll laws and regulations at federal, state and local level
- Solid time management skills, ability to prioritize assignments in a dynamic work environment
- Proficient computer, organizational, analytical, research and problem solving skills
- Advanced Excel skill level
- Excellent interpersonal skills, positive attitude, flexibility and a willingness to learn new things
- Must have excellent communication skills and ability to work with all levels of management in a fast paced and complex environment