Senior Commercial Project Manager
Business Unit: Mobility (MO)
Requisition Number: 225037
Primary Location: United States-California-Sacramento
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Associate's Degree / College Diploma
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in eight Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
Committed to the safe and reliable transportation of people and goods by rail and road, Siemens Mobility designs and manufactures across the entire spectrum of rolling stock, including commuter and regional passenger trains, light rail and streetcars, metros, locomotives, passenger coaches, and high-speed trainsets. In the U.S., Siemens is providing rail vehicles, locomotives, components and systems to more than 25 agencies in cities such as D.C., New York, Boston, Sacramento, San Diego, and St. Louis.
Siemens US Talent Acquisition
Siemens Rolling Stock Locomotives Business is seeking a professional Senior Commercial Project Manager with a proven track record of managing complex projects. The Senior Commercail Project Mananer will be responsible for the execution of a large complex project for the Locomotives Business. The Senior Commercial Project Manager is responsible for commercial project execution during phases including, planning, design, procurement, manufacturing, commissioning and customer acceptance. Duties include interfacing with operational departments to ensure Order Income Calculation is achieved, while meeting the goals for customer satisfaction, cost, schedule and quality. The Senior Commercial Project manager is the partner to the Senior Project Manager for all aspects of the project.The Senior Commercial Project Manager will report directly to the Finance & Business Administration Director for Locomotives.
Profit & loss responsibility for assigned projects
- Monitor and control project scope, schedule, budget, risks and contract deliverables that support business golas in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
- Ensures the compliance of applicable regulations during the offer and project execution phase.
- Fully responsible for all commercial related matters, including but not limited to handling Accounting, Legal, Tax, and NCM topics.
- Ensures the accuracy of the cost and pricing calculation.
- Prepare commercial documentation for regular project status meeting and ensures the accuracy of the commercial project data (forecast, cash flow, etc); ensures the overall accuracy of project books and records.
- Ensures compliance with Siemens FRG and local GAAP requirements.
- Proactive claims, risk and opportunities management.
- Optimizes project profitability, cash flow and assets together with the Senior Project Manager.
- Supports the Senior Project Manager in identifying and minimizing Non Conformance Costs.
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members, contractors and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
- Identify and resolve issues/conflicts with the project team
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- BS/BA in Finance or Accounting required.
- Work experience in related field 10+ years required.
- Amount of travel with the position 15%
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Senior Commercial Project Manager Certification preferred.
- Project Management Professional designation through PMI preferred.
- Advanced degree may be substituted for experience, where applicable.
- 5+ years Rolling Stock experience preferred.