Light Rail Commissioning Technician
Business Unit: Mobility (MO)
Requisition Number: 225052
Primary Location: United States-California-San Francisco
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: None
Travel Required: No
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in eight Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
Committed to the safe and reliable transportation of people and goods by rail and road, Siemens Mobility designs and manufactures across the entire spectrum of rolling stock, including commuter and regional passenger trains, light rail and streetcars, metros, locomotives, passenger coaches, and high-speed trainsets. In the U.S., Siemens is providing rail vehicles, locomotives, components and systems to more than 25 agencies in cities such as D.C., New York, Boston, Sacramento, San Diego, and St. Louis.
For more information, please visit:
The Light Rail Commissioning Technician in order to lead their team through the commissioning and warranty phases of OEM contracts. The goal of the position is to ensure that the when our cutting edge vehicles are delivered to a customer that a team is in place to effectively deliver the equipment to the customer, starting at the commissioning phase through the end of the warranty. This position will lead the commissioning and warranty team. The position has the full support of the Field Service Department along with the rest of the Siemens Rolling Stock business to execute this mission.
- Employee relations including; employee motivation, effective two way communication and engagement
- Performance Management; monitor and take action to maintain performance levels
- Resource Management; plan to meet team resource needs and recruit and induct employees
- Schedule Management; collaborating on and executing schedules for commissioning, repair and modification activity.
- Reliability Management; collaboration with the Field Service Reliability team to maximize the reliability of the vehicles in service.
- Customer Engagement; main point of contact to the customers, internal and external, to communicate status, plans forward, and problem resolution.
- Safety; demonstrate role model behavior that promotes a zero harm culture.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience.
· A minimum of 5 years of successful experience commissioning Light Rail Vehicles
· Must have excellent communication skills.