Business Unit: Region Americas
Requisition Number: 225094
Primary Location: United States-Illinois-Buffalo Grove
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: No
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection; life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995, Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide, including important American landmarks such as World Trade Center Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate.
For more information, please visit:
This person will work within the manufacturing QA team and will be responsible for addressing problems/issues that occur in our manufacturing production work cell environment that affect the established quality, FPY, delivery, or efficiency levels. Problems may be product, process, and/or supplier related. They will participate in various problem solving techniques; help identify the root cause of the problem; and help to ensure the necessary corrective actions are put in place to prevent the issue from occurring in the future. This person will be involved in problem solving techniques to solve issues from inception through closure.
This person will also participate in collaborative improvement efforts within the manufacturing production and supply chain environment; ensuring that the necessary quality processes/tools/techniques are used to ensure a problem free solution is achieved. This person will be involved hands on in inspecting, sorting, purging of products both in the production areas as well as in the warehouse and stockroom. Warehouse or Inventory Control work will be required and will involve various material handling including the use of pallet jacks. Must have ability to lift, move, and organize material in a manufacturing/warehouse environment.
- Provide hands-on support to factory operations ensuring consistent production of high quality products.
- Investigate production work cell problems (identifying and eliminating the root cause) as they occur.
- Participate in ad-hock teams to resolve quality issues of production process capability; parts tolerances; and materials/supplier related issues.
- Resolve quality issues by identifying problems, helping to examining solution options, assisting in implementing action plans, and ensuring all aspects (paperwork, training, etc.) of the improvements are captured before completion.
- Suggest change to processes based upon findings and perform follow up to verify effectiveness.
- Make recommendations to modify part specifications and tolerances as necessary to support quality and cost effective production.
- Effectively communicate and reinforce our commitment to CPS Quality in our Daily work
- Participate in problem solving to determine root cause analysis and corrective action.
- Participate in Process Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (P-FMEA); A-3; 8-D; Poke a Yoke and Lean initiatives
- Maintaining the integrity of the ISO-9001 certified quality system requirements with lean, cost effective strategies that meet the organizations needs.
- Advocating as the "voice of the customer" demanding the highest quality expectations from the organization.
- Hands on work in inspecting, sorting, purging of defective products both in the production areas as well as in the warehouse and stockroom.
- Must have ability to lift heavy objects (up to 35lbs), move, and organize material in a manufacturing/warehouse environment including the use of hand operated pallet jacks.
- Executing the duties of the position such that the focus is largely proactive versus reactive.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor degree in Engineering, preferably Manufacturing or Mechanical
- 1-2 years experience within a manufacturing ISO-9001 environment.
- 1-2 years manufacturing QA with production shop floor experience preferred.
- Exceptional mechanical aptitude (i.e. intuitive understanding of mechanical processes)
- Technical knowledge and hand-on experience using various measurement equipment (CMM, OGP, Comparator etc) preferred.
- Proven track record of hands-on problem solving and driving continuous quality improvements within a manufacturing environment.
- Experience in the use of MS Office suite; Windows Operating System; and SAP preferred.
- Excellent understanding of manufacturing production principles preferred.
This person should possess strong interpersonal skills, excellent organizational skills, problem solving skills.
This person should be able to support his beliefs with hard data and present it in a professional manner.
This person should also have the capacity to work well within a team environment.
This person should be self motivated with a strong interest in fostering continuous improvement and high quality.