Graduate Intern - Automated Speech Recognition Verification
Business Unit: Corporate Technology
Requisition Number: 225162
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Princeton
Assignment Category: Full-time temporary
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: No
For nearly 170 years, pioneering technologies and the business models developed from them have been the foundation of Siemens‘ success. Our central research and development unit, Corporate Technology (CT) plays an important role in this. Together with our global network of experts, we are a strategic partner to Siemens’ operative units and provide important services along the entire value chain – from research and development to production and quality assurance, as well as optimized business processes. Our support provided to the businesses in their research and development activities is ideally balanced with our own future-oriented research.
We at Corporate Technology are more than employees: We are actively helping to make people’s lives a little better every day. Would you like to be a part of that? Then join us. We offer you a high level of practical relevance as well as an opportunity to individually contribute your knowledge and your visions around the world. Whether you’re helping to develop products for the operating units or working in interdisciplinary projects for the business areas: At Corporate Technology you’ll be working in the heart of Siemens’ technological research together with the best.
Siemens Corporation is a U.S. subsidiary of Siemens AG, a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years.
For more than 30 years, Siemens Corporation, Corporate Technology (CT) have been developing breakthroughs in science and emerging technologies. Corporate Technology (CT) is comprised of more than 300 of the world’s most talented scientists, engineers and technical experts from over two dozen countries. Cross-functional research teams bring together a broad range of technical and business expertise from different disciplines.
The candidate will work with other members of our group to develop approaches to demonstrate the quality of an Automated Speech Recognition (ASR) system based on Neural Networks.
What are my responsibilities?
- Extend, re-use, re-implement an Automated Speech Recognition based on Neural Networks (e.g., DeepSpeech, Kaldi);
- Work with other members of our group to define metrics and approaches to evaluate the performance of the solution, both through evaluation of existing literature and novel ideas;
- Work with other members of our group to prepare testing infrastructure and datasets to perform ASR quality evaluations;
What skills are needed to qualify for this internship?
- BS in Computer Science or related field
- Strong development skills (proven through participation in medium to large scale industrial or research projects)
- Experience in training and debugging Machine Learning models based on Neural Networks (especially CNNs and RNNs)
- Experience in the domain of Automated Speech Recognition
- Basic understanding of verification and testing approaches
- Python experience required
- Outstanding collaboration, interpersonal and communication (verbal & written) skills in English a must
- Ability to comprehend unfamiliar and complex user scenarios and products.
- Team player who can also be independent, prioritize work and thrives in a fast-paced dynamic environment
Successful candidate must be able to work with controlled technology in accordance with US Export Control Law. US Export Control laws and applicable regulations govern the distribution of strategically important technology, services and information to foreign nationals and foreign countries. Siemens may require candidates under consideration for employment opportunities to submit information regarding citizenship status to allow the organization to comply with specific US Export Control laws and regulations. Additional information on the US Export Control laws & regulations can be found on http://www.bis.doc.gov/index.php/policy-guidance/deemed-exports/deemed-exports-faqs?view=category&id=33#subcat34
What else do I need to know?
For more information please refer to our website at www.usa.siemens.com