Senior Marketing Programs & Operations Manager
Business Unit: Product Lifecycle Management-PLM
Requisition Number: 225210
Primary Location: United States-Georgia-Atlanta
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 35%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Digital Factory Division offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly integrated hardware, software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide in enhancing the flexibility and efficiency of their manufacturing processes and reducing the time to market of their products.
For more information, please visit:
Siemens PLM US Talent Acquisition
Senior Marketing Programs & Operations Manager, MindSphere
MindSphere is the cloud-based open IoT operating system from Siemens. As a Senior Marketing Programs & Operations Manager, you will report to the Senior Director of Technical Marketing. This team member role acts as a customer advocate of release content, value and quality by working with release stakeholders. This leadership role inspects and reviews current release status including product capability, components/APIs/services, Ux, quality, and stakeholder enablement readiness and other marketing content and deliverables working collaboratively across organizations. Driving and measuring successful lead generation in cooperation with Sales will be a key measure of success.
The Senior Marketing Programs & Operations Manager, Provides oversight and responsibility for the identified release elements leading up thru the software product release and enablement elements thru the stakeholder readiness (GTM). The Senior Marketing Programs & Operations Manager acts as a Trust Advisor with a solid understanding of users, the market place, competition, and future industry and domain trends. The Senior Marketing Programs & Operations Manager, will define scope and success criteria, plan schedules, drive work efforts, and monitor project/program from inception through delivery. He/she will develop and manage communications with cross-functional team members. The Senior Marketing Programs & Operations Manager is responsible for ensuring success of the plan for assigned programs and projects.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Manage expectations of customers, users and other stakeholders
- Act as the customer advocate of release content, value and quality
- Inspect and review current release status including product capability, components/APIs/services, Ux, quality, and stakeholder enablement readiness
- Collaborate building and communicating roadmap themes and investments and ensuring alignment to business goals
- Works with stakeholders in making priority decisions of features and capabilities
- Works with Product Management in building and articulating release strategy and release content plans
- Track and monitor product issues/concerns/dependencies/ assumptions
- Promote best practices in CI/CD release and enablement process
- Develop messaging to help establish defensible competitive differentiation
- Works across the marketing team to coordinate marketing collateral and other marketing communications tools including website content, collateral, demand generation and other relevant marketing communications
- Develop sales enablement tools to support product and services launches and marketing initiatives
- Provide metrics and reporting to key stakeholders
- Conferences and Technical Sales Training or Channel Partner Training
- Technical and marketing presentations to internal and external organizations
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities include:
· Prepare and create digital marketing assets including; use cases/solution value propositions, product usage notes, technical white papers, presentations, videos and demonstrations for IIOT solutions and products.
- Assist in collecting and prioritizing market-based requirements originating from multiple sources including customers, competitive analysis, market research etc.
- Assists with communication of brand and product awareness both internally and externally
- Respond to customer or field inquiries, assist with Technical RFx’s and work with a cross-functional team of Sales, Product Development, Product Management, Product Marketing, Field Solution Architects, etc. as required.
- Assists with market research and participates in win/loss and competitive intelligence gathering and sharing with internal audiences
- Supports media, customer and influencer relations as well as industry tradeshows and events
- Regular travel required in support of field and marketing activity.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
Experience and Education
- 5-10 years of software or SaaS product marketing experience
- Project management experience driving cross-organizational projects
- Strong written and verbal communications
- Experience and understanding of industrial software or IoT
- Experience with product and/or partner marketing
- Bachelor’s in business or marketing or equivalent experience
Skills and Abilities
- You have strong communications skills and are a very good writer – you can grasp and effectively translate technical capabilities into benefits for a non-technical audience
- You possess excellent people and project management skills and can effectively juggle multiple projects and priorities simultaneously
- You enjoy getting to know our customer and our market
- Extensive experience with enterprise-class products; Siemens PLM preferred
- Working knowledge of public and private cloud platform technologies (AWS, Azure, etc.) using in public, private and hybrid implementations
- Strong working experience with Microsoft Office products including Excel, Visio, SharePoint and related products
- Proven written and verbal communication skills involving strategy, technologies, and product roadmaps
- Driven, with an entrepreneurial spirit and sense of urgency; must be resourceful, proactive and aggressive
- Highly organized, detail-oriented and possessing a high level of integrity
- Team player that works well in collaborative situations and internal “start-up” environments.
- Natural leadership skills and the ability to work with all teams in the company
- Business of Science or similar degree (business, marketing, or engineering preferred)
• This is a global role. Travel of 33% or more from time to time is to be expected.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.