Commodity Engineer - Welding
Business Unit: Large Drives
Requisition Number: 225221
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-New Kensington
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 15%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Process Industries and Drives Division helps manufacturers measurably increase productivity and improve time-to-market with our innovative, integrated technology and services. We support our customers in continuously improving the reliability, safety, and efficiency of products, processes and plants.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/process-industries-and-drives.htm
Support Siemens Large Drives by effectively and proactively ensuring the highest possible quality levels for purchased materials. This involves building strong relationships with the suppliers, and review of the suppliers related processes, such as material containment, root cause analysis, long-term corrective action, and process development. Other supporting responsibilities:
· Maintain a corrective action system to effectively address supplier related issues
· Maintain and analyze key performance indicators and cost of poor quality data to identify recurring trends and drive improvement actions to reduce internal and external failure costs
· Assist in investigations to determine root cause(s) of product defects including field and internal failures
· Apply appropriate control plans to achieve problem containment and lont-term corrective action
· Work closely with Engineering and suppliers to establish qualification criteria for new products
· Drive supplier actions to verify part and process quality at the supplier’s location to reduce the need to incoming inspection activities
· Conduct audits to qualify the suppliers management system and manufacturing capabilities
· BS in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline with an emphasis in welding
· 3-5 years of experience in an Engineering role, preferably in an electronics or power systems environment
· Must have experience with mechanical and electrical systems, specifically in engineering design, metal fabrication, and drafting. Experience working with suppliers, preferably in a supplier development role that includes audits, and reviews.
· Problem solving and analytical ability
· Effective facilitation skills
· Effective communication and collaboration skills. Proven ability to work with multiple departments, such as Purchasing, Engineering, and Manufacturing.
Job Family Responsibilities: