Project Management Specialist - Gas Insulated Switchgear
Business Unit: High Voltage Products
Requisition Number: 225227
Primary Location: United States-North Carolina-Raleigh
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 30%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in eight Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
With power chain management from creation to consumption, and over half a dozen manufacturing hubs here in the U.S., Siemens Energy Management provides technologies for the economic, reliable, and intelligent transmission and distribution of electrical power. From smart grid and energy automation technology, to power supply for industrial plants and high-voltage transmission systems, Siemens is providing intelligent technologies to a diverse clientele.
For more information, please visit:
Siemens Industry, Inc. – Energy Management High Voltage Products Gas Insulated Switchgear is seeking a Technical Project Management Specialist for Gas Insulated Switchgear (GIS) projects. This person will be responsible for the overall project profit/loss. This person reports to the Director of Project Management and will have no direct reports.
Leads GIS supply and install scope projects. Interact on a daily basis with international factories and local project team. Leads project management activities (defining scheduling, budget, risk, change, opportunity, forecast and monthly reporting to management). Leads the technical review of system design and documentation. Leads continuous improvement opportunities and lessons learned for projects. May cultivate client relationship and sales opportunities.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- 5 years of experience in Power Systems projects or equivalent education and experience required; Utility preferred.
- Experience in process improvement / quality management preferred
- Must possess excellent communication, leadership and team building skills.
- Ability to prioritize and network across the enterprise.
- PMP certificate from PMI as well as PM@Siemens certification preferred.
- Ability to travel as needed, could meet or exceed 30%
- BA/BS in related discipline.
- Credentials and experience in Engineering (Electrical/Mechanical) preferred.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
- A competitive base salary
- Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and 3 weeks of PTO to start.
- Extensive training along with career development.