Fire Alarm Inspector - Commercial Fire Alarms - Nashville, TN
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 225270
Primary Location: United States-Tennessee-Nashville
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 25%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the world market leader for safe, energy efficient and environmentally friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, consultant, service provider, system integrator and product supplier, Building Technologies offers fire protection, security, building automation, heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) and energy management products and services.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/building-technologies.htm
· Assists with routine equipment installation, trial runs and service activity runs to ensure that it meets specifications for Commercial Fire Alarm Systems.
· Provides assistance with training customers to maintain and adjust routine Fire Alarm equipment.
· Performs routine maintenance on tools, test equipment, etc. and completes required service or systems paperwork.
· Assists with responding to routine Fire Alarm service or systems calls.
· Provides assistance in performing assigned tasks for fire life safety system services.
· Assists in performing technical support program (TSP) tasks to include visual and functional testing on fire detection systems and field devices in accordance with all national and local standards.
· Maintains complete and accurate documentation of tests performed. Assists in responding to service calls (emergency and on-site). Provides needed assistance with troubleshooting techniques and performs minor repairs as directed.
· Assists and observes installing new fire life safety systems and wiring techniques.
· Performs minor repairs as directed.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience
· High School Diploma or GED.
· 0-1 years experience inspecting fire alarm systems.
· Field service and computer experience preferred.
· Strong customer service skills.
· Good organizational, verbal and written communication skills
· Individual must possess a valid Driver’s license in good standing
· Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan
· Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience
· Associate's degree in Electronics or other technical field preferred.
· Basic knowledge of AD/DC circuitry, associated low voltage systems preferred