Mobility ManagementRequisition Number:
United States-Pennsylvania-MunhallAssignment Category:
Full-time regularExperience Level:
Senior levelEducation Required Level:
Bachelor's DegreeTravel Required:
If you really want to make a difference - make it with Siemens.
Mobility is going digital - Siemens Mobility Division is the world's leading provider of mobility solutions that enable the efficient, safe, and environmentally friendly transport of both people and goods which help improve the quality of everyday life for millions of people on all continents.
Driven by innovation, Siemens develops intelligent solutions for the increasing digitalization of the transport sector. Our range of offerings include rail vehicles, rail automation, road traffic management systems and rail electrification. Our data-driven services offer customers value that is unique. We call this Ingenuity for Life. Come and make a difference with Siemens.
Siemens Rail Automation is seeking to hire a Senior Electronics Hardware Engineer for the R&D team in the domain of embedded systems for rail signaling and onboard equipment. In this role, you will be responsible for design and development of new and enhancements of existing products. You will need to possess a solid understanding of electrical engineering, FPGA and digital and analog design practices, along with some background knowledge in signal processing and/or network communications, have experience with implementation of signal processing and/or communications algorithms in FPGA environments, and be capable of translating functional requirements into efficient working designs.
You will need to be a good communicator and have the ability to work independently, yet collaboratively, in multidisciplinary team environment. You will utilize your technical expertise to provide solutions to an array of difficult FPGA challenges. You must be comfortable with the application of technical theories and concepts in developmental environments and have some general knowledge of printed circuit board design, system engineering, and analog circuit design. You must be comfortable in an environment where quick, innovative and cost saving solutions work hand in hand with trouble shooting and sustaining of existing design platforms.
We’re looking for someone who can display a high level of critical thinking in bringing successful resolution to high-impact, complex, and/or cross-functional problems. If this describes you to a ‘T’, apply now & build your career with Siemens!
This Role will include the following responsibilities:
- Guide and Develop complex maintenance, enhancement, testing and support of existing hardware.
- Guide the quality process by detailed execution of module, sub-system and system test procedures.
- Guides completion of all engineering documentation to support a design effort.
- Develop estimates for task duration, supporting the process for developing and maintaining schedules, cost and quality.
- Develop documentation and training manuals in the use of new or modified equipment.
- Guide review of specifications to determine hardware engineering requirements.
- Apply advanced skills to resolve problems not covered by existing procedures or practices independently.
- Generate design documents, block diagrams, BOM’s and prototype test plan
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering – advanced degree preferred.
- 10+ years of successful experience designing complex mixed-signal hardware featuring FPGAs, Processors, Microcontrollers, ADCs/DACs, (POL) DC/DC converters, etc.
- Strong comprehension of FPGA development environments and tool flows along with proven ability to design, implement, sustain and document FPGA designs from component level specifications.
- Ability to perform initial hardware/FPGA check-out and debug. Hands-on bringing up testing and validation of boards designed.
- Qualified applicants will have a strong working knowledge of VHDL, Verilog, and/or System Verilog HDL languages.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Schematic design for multi-layer rail product PCB design. Guide PCB layout designer from placement to finish.
- Understanding of design principles (FMEA Analysis, Reliability Analysis).
- Knowledge of FCC guidelines for emissions and susceptibility.
- FPGA component level integration and test plans and cost/schedule estimates for developmental activities
- Background in digital signal processing and/or network processing FPGA applications
- Familiarity with high-level FPGA HDL code generation tool flows (Matlab, Simulink, C/C++)
- Experience with Safety critical/vital systems
- Knowledge of RF
- Demonstrate and apply comprehensive knowledge of electronics design to successful completion of assignments.
- Leadership qualities and role model qualities demonstrated.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career growth opportunity, we offer:
-A competitive base salary
-Excellent health/vision/dental plans, 401k match, tuition reimbursement, and 18 days of PTO to start
-Extensive training along with career development
We aim to hire top talent and provide them with opportunities to earn top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career in an innovative environment. If you're interested in becoming a Senior HW Engineer with Siemens Rail Automation, we'll offer you the support and career advancement to make it happen!