Process Industries and DrivesBusiness Unit:
Large DrivesRequisition Number:
United States-Ohio-NorwoodAssignment Category:
Full-time regularExperience Level:
Mid levelEducation Required Level:
Bachelor's DegreeTravel Required:
15%Division Description:Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in eight Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services. Siemens Financial Services, Inc. is the U.S. arm of the global Financial Services division of Siemens, (SFS), an international provider of business to business financial solutions. SFS helps facilitate investments, providing commercial finance, project and structured finance with specific asset expertise in the energy, healthcare, industry, and infrastructure markets. SFS supports Siemens as well as other companies with their capital needs and acts as an expert manager of financial risks within the Siemens Company. Leveraging its financing expertise and industrial know-how creates value for customers and helps them strengthen their competitiveness.
For more information, please visit:
Come make a difference to our business by delivering a high performance team and results and and developing the next level of value proposition.
The Procurement Manager assigned to the PD LD AP Motor Business in Norwood, Ohio unit manages a team of Procurement professionals supporting strategic initiatives for assigned volume, becomes part of the local leadership and carries out the following overall:
· Leads overall effort of Strategic Procurement within the organization.
· Further develop and maintain a high performance culture within the Procurement team and landscape consistent with the needs of the business supported.
Specific responsibilities and deliverables associated with the role include but are not limited to:
· Assure the supply chain in the efforts to reduce supplier related risk, align strategic fit with needs of business today and in the future, help maintain adherence to local SDR goals and develop action plans when not, keep a high level of cost competiveness
· Meet defined cost targets in the way of (but not limited to) maximized CNI (Contribution to Net Income)
· Develops and drives synergies across the organization to assure Procurement strategies align with those of the business.
· Actively works within and supports the Siemens Procurement network as well through pooling and other appropriate Procurement levers such as cost transparency, negotiations, contract management, Procurement Engineering and Cost Value Engineering
· Supports personal development for each team member to be able to maintain a high level of performance and advance potential career opportunities
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business Administration or Supply Chain required;
· Experience: At least 10 years working in some aspect of supply management, logistics, procurement, supplier quality management, product management
· Travel: 10% or as needed to support supply chain and attend any needed off-site type meetings. North American Operational site and supplier facilities in various regions of the world
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Demonstrated strategic Procurement skills in the areas of sourcing, negotiation, pooling, cost transparency, design-to-cost, Cost Value Engineering, supplier development and supplier relationship management
· Strong written and verbal communication skills on many levels including executive with extensive expertise in presentation development
· Demonstrates and applies advanced knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures for area managed and expert knowledge of other areas in the company and how they interact.
· Proofed ability to align with business partners and objectives as well as collaborate cross-functionally
· Experience in team leading including application of management approaches for work direction, motivation of employees; demonstration of ability to evaluate and develop employees
*LI - AMS