Building TechnologiesBusiness Unit:
Field OperationsRequisition Number:
United States-Utah-SandyAssignment Category:
Full-time regularExperience Level:
Entry levelEducation Required Level:
High School Diploma / (GED)Travel Required:
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in eight Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection; life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995, Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide, including important American landmarks such as World Trade Center Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate.
For more information, please visit:
Siemens Building Technologies is currently searching for an HVAC Controls Field Service Technician to support our Building Automation HVAC Controls Service Group in the Sandy, UT area. The Field Service Technician is responsible for completing HVAC Controls service repairs, replacements, upgrades, adjustments and calibration on automation systems and components following issued tasking, maintenance, troubleshooting and installation instructions.
Additional Responsibilities include:
• Executes technical support program tasks as scheduled.
• Performs technician preventative maintenance and diagnostics on HVAC Controls automation systems and components as outlined in the technical support program.
• Responds to emergency service calls as directed during the day and after hours.
• Tests and verifies system readings ensuring an optimal system operation.
• Identifies additional chargeable opportunities (T&M Work) including system upgrades and service contact expansion.
• Performs system checkout and assists in automation systems startups for service installed jobs.
• May coordinate electrical installation with electrical contractors at job site as required.
• Completes and submits written service orders and reports covering all aspects of each assignment and activity.
• Completes and submits timesheets and other necessary information daily / weekly.
• If improper operation is due to another system or component, discusses problem with customer and/or office and advises of the best course of action.
• Works with other branch, company or external service providers / vendors to arrange service and to resolve problems.
• Participates in job site final walk through and / or final completion for construction to service turnover on assigned jobs.
• Conducts training for customers on site or at the branch.
• Provides technical support, coaching, and direction to end users and field labor when applicable
• Associate's Degree in Electronics or other related field preferred, although candidates with a combination of directly related HVAC technician experience and education (HS Diploma or GED Equivalent a minimum requirement) will also be considered.
• 1-2 years HVAC engineer/service technician experience is desired.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Excellent verbal and written communication and customer relation skills.
• Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing and must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.
• Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred experience include:
• Knowledge of automation systems, HVAC, electrical concepts, and building controls and operations preferred.
• Skilled in programming, job start-up, checkout, and troubleshooting.
Why Siemens? We offer excellent Job/Career Incentives:
• Competitive compensation
• Very good health, vision, dental plan with many options to choose from
• All employees receive Life Insurance, STD and LTD
• 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary
• Extensive product training and career development