Business Unit: Supply Chain Management
Requisition Number: 225375
Primary Location: United States-Kansas-Hutchinson
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: No
About Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy
With a worldwide installed capacity of 75 GW, Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy has a presence in more than 90 countries and a team of 27,000 employees worldwide. Its end-to-end value chain presence encompasses onshore and offshores wind turbines design, manufacturing, installation as well as cutting-edge service solutions. The global headquarters and legal domicile of the company is located in Zamudio, Spain. The company is listed on the Spanish stock exchange.
Perform installation, repairs, preventative maintenance, and alterations to complex machinery, machine tools, lifting equipment, and fixtures. Record all required data of repairs and installations. Interpret and implement corrective actions from prints, drawings, and verbal instructions. Pre-requisite requirements: High School diploma or equivalent. Must be able to fabricate tooling and fixtures from and engineering print. Must be able to work overtime with little or no notice. Required qualifications: Within the qualifying period the employee must demonstrate a satisfactory proficiency in general maintenance and basic electrical repair. Must demonstrate skills in print reading and application. Demonstrate ability to troubleshoot and provide solutions. Must pass a basic mechanical aptitude test. Mist pass a fabrication and welding test.
1. Use all required safety equipment and follow established safety procedures.
2. Receive and perform work assignments, oral and/or written from Group Leader, Team leader, or Managers and work with or under the direction of engineers and contractors as needed.
3. Accurately report findings of inspections to operations, Group Leader, etc.
4. Interpret drawings, sketches, etc. to determine necessary tools and materials needed for assignments.
5. Perform preventative maintenance and routine on all equipment and operating systems within the facility.
6. Perform inspections on lifting equipment such as chains, cables, shackles, eyebolts, clamps, and lifting beams to determine the safe operating condition. Maintain records as required.
7. Fabricate and install piping and conduit as needed.
8. Provide technical direction and training for other classifications as required.
9. Keep work areas in a clean and orderly condition. Return tools to proper storage location at conclusion of job/shift operations. Utilize lean and 5S principles.