Controls Engineer - Siemens Step7
Business Unit: Verticals Automotive & Aero
Requisition Number: 225399
Primary Location: United States-Alabama-Vance
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 20%
Siemens Digital Factory offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly-integrated hardware software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide. Siemens PLM Software, a Plano, Texas-based business unit of the Digital Factory Division, is a leading global provider of product lifecycle management (PLM) and manufacturing operations management (MOM) software, systems and services with over nine million licensed seats and more than 77,000 customers worldwide.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/digital-factory.htm
- We are looking for an experienced Controls Engineer in the field of automation engineering with an automotive background.
- You will be engineering and commissioning software for SIEMENS SIMATIC controllers and HMI - Human Machine Interface. Your software will be used in automotive plants on our automation equipment to help our customers build their products.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Degree in Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering with programming background or equivalent Experience
- 5-10 years of experience in the field of automation engineering
- Experience in Automotive Industry assembly system programming (conveyor technologies and process equipment)
- Programming Personal Safety equipment (i.e. Sick PLS)
- 5-10 years of experience in SIEMENS Simatic PLCs and HMIs
- Knowledgeable in automotive standard SW (i.e. Mercedes Benz Integra)
- 20% Travel
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- CMSE® - Certified Machinery Safety Expert - Pilz US or equivalent
- German language skills are a plus
- Ability to take multiple data points for requirements and condense the various requirements into a solution.