Service Operations Manager - Mechanical Services
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 225439
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Irving
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Associate's Degree / College Diploma
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in eight Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection; life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995, Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide, including important American landmarks such as World Trade Center Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate.
For more information, please visit:
Reporting to the Senior Service Operations Manager, this position directs the activities of the HVAC mechanics, with a total revenue responsibility of between five to ten million (5-10M). Manages up to 17 direct reports.
· Plan, organize, direct and control all service operations activities to assure profitable growth. Advise management on local operations planning including resource hiring, development and allocation, financial forecasting, monitoring and issue resolution planning.
· Manage revenue and gross margin to achieve monthly and annual business plans. Monitor project status and control job costs to maintain margins.
· Direct and supervise the development of service work to insure customer commitments are met within the estimated dollars. Oversee supervision of all service and retrofit work and personnel on assigned jobs. Ensure schedules are maintained and work proceeds in accordance with agreement requirements and customer expectations. Determine resource needs (e.g. staffing, tools) and provide any corresponding documentation.
· Provide technical and operational support for the sales teams including proper pricing and scope of work definition for service agreement and service project opportunities. Communicate regularly with customers through all phases of the service work we perform for them. Build and maintain an effective operations organization committed to customer and employee satisfaction and profitable growth.
· Manage or advise on hiring, training and development, allocation and performance assessment of personnel within area of responsibility. Assist branch with training and development of operations personnel including training on use of financial reports.
· Ensure the proper implementation of all company policies, procedures and productivity tools where applicable. Maintain current knowledge of regulatory laws, changes and requirements and ensure compliance. Advise and implement industry/field best practices to improve products, applications and services.
· Represents Siemens in industry associations, professional organizations and affiliations and develops relationships with customer, contractors and community leaders
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Education:
· Associates degree in Business Administration, or equivalent work experience.
· 5 years experience in the installation and maintenance of low voltage electronic systems including at least two years of supervisory or management experience.
· Strong understanding of financial reports and ability to implement cost controls.
· Excellent listening, oral and written communication skills. Excellent organizational skills must be able to handle multiple tasks and duties effectively. Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Outlook and Project.
· Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing and must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Education:
· Bachelors degree in Engineering preferred.